Maryland Babies

Relocating to York, PA

Hi Ladies! I am trying to figure out if it would be better to post on this boad or the Philly board to ask some typical relocation questions. Thank you in advance!

Re: Relocating to York, PA

• I work in Sparks, but a lot of my coworkers live in York. It's about a 40 minute commute. What are your questions?
  • Thank you for responding. Definitely interested in finding a great OB. Also my husband will be starting his residency so we need to stay close to York hospital and Memorial hospital but dont want to live in yourk but a surrounding area maybe 20 minutes away max. I know he can get suggestions on OB's but I would rather hear from personal experience. Of course now Im blanking out on the many questions. I just wanted to know which board would be more common sense to post on. Thank you again!
  • Loading the player...
  • imageginnernikel:
    Thank you for responding. Definitely interested in finding a great OB. Also my husband will be starting his residency so we need to stay close to York hospital and Memorial hospital but dont want to live in yourk but a surrounding area maybe 20 minutes away max. I know he can get suggestions on OB's but I would rather hear from personal experience. Of course now Im blanking out on the many questions. I just wanted to know which board would be more common sense to post on. Thank you again!

Are you looking to rent or buy? I know a realtor working out of Nothern Baltimore County and PA right over the MD l(Glen Rock, Shrewsbury). He also has rental properties (we clean them for move in move outs) . If you would like his info let me know.

• Mostlikely renting house. Thank you, that would be perfect!
  • York is definatly closer to Baltimore than it is to Philly.  So I think this would be a better "local" board for you.  I live in Southern PA, but work in Baltimore. 

My Journey to Motherhood
    Me 36, DH 42
    7.5 years of TTC ... It never gets any easier.

Baby Girl # 1
    TTC Since January 2009
    Reproductive Endocrinologist diagnosed us "Unexplained Infertility".
    After 3 years . . . 3 IUIs . . . and 3 IVFs . . . our miracle GIRL arrived on August 6, 2012.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Girl # 2
    TTC Since June 2013
    Got pregnant on our own without Fertility Treatments - January 2016!  Thank you snow storm Jonas!
    EDD 10/15/16
    At 20-week anatomy scan found IUGR (Intrauterine Growth Restriction), and very low Amniotic Fluid.  Now, I'm High Risk and have weekly ultrasounds to monitor fluid and growth.  If baby runs out of room or is too growth restricted, they will deliver ASAP.  My current goal is to make it to 28 weeks!   

Pregnancy Ticker

•  
    I am getting to PM you the info for the realtor/rental agent.
  • I know people who live in Red Lion, New Freedom, Hanover, Stewartstown, Shrewsbury, all really nice areas for raising a family. Can't help you with an OB, but I know a girl who lives in HAnover and she drives to St. Joseph's in Towson for her OB/GYN! It's about a 45 min drive.
  • imageginnernikel:
    Thank you for responding. Definitely interested in finding a great OB. Also my husband will be starting his residency so we need to stay close to York hospital and Memorial hospital but dont want to live in yourk but a surrounding area maybe 20 minutes away max. I know he can get suggestions on OB's but I would rather hear from personal experience. Of course now Im blanking out on the many questions. I just wanted to know which board would be more common sense to post on. Thank you again!

Hi, I'm from Baltimore, but my parents moved to york county about 2 years ago ( I still live with them). Both of my parents work in Baltimore and make the 45 min commute everyday. It would make a lot of sense to post here because there are a lot of people like my family who are Baltimorian but live inYork county. i live in Logansville and my little brother goes to school in the area. My parents and younger bro love the area. I believe my mom went to the York Hospital. Let me know if you have anymore questions

• my husband and i are moving from baltimore to jefferson (close to york). we are building a house out there but both plan to continue to work in baltimore. as far as looking for a pediatric doc, we've heard good things about york pediatrics . i do plan to deliver at gbmc though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker BabyName Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"