Baby Names

Nicknames for Madalyn...not Maddie

Just wondering if anyone knew any other nicknames for Madalyn besides Maddie.  I love the name Madalyn but the n/n is NMS. Thanks for any suggestions.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Nicknames for Madalyn...not Maddie

• Lynn? Addie? Ada? Hmmm, not sure.

Are you set on this spelling? Not that its my business, but if you like the "y" in it, I think Madelyn looks better than Madalyn (with an "e" instead of an "a"). Just MHO.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks for the suggestion.  I am not totally set on the spelling.  I just knew I wanted the end to by lyn so that people would call her name the way I wanted it pronounced since I am not fond of the line sound at the end.  I know some people who pronounce it mada-LINE as well and just wanted to make that distinction.  I will definitely consider the Made instead of Mada.  Thanks!
  • Loading the player...
  • Ah yes, totally see what you want in the "lyn" ending. Makes sense to me!!!! :)
  • Ally or Lynn
  • I agree with the pp about spelling it "Madelyn."  As for nns, Lynn jumps out...
  • Thanks for all of the responses Big Smile
  • I used to nanny a Madelyn and she went by "Mads"
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • You don't have to use a nickname if you don't want. Just call her Madelyn and ask everyone else to do the same :)
  • My aunts name is Madelynn - spelled that way. Madeline is pronounced the way it looks: Mad-uh-line. (to rhyme with an old house in paris that is covered in vines)

To me, one n looks chopped off. Not bad, just not what I'm accustomed to seeing.

I, personally, feel that nicknames should happen organically - whatever happens to stick is what it is. It allows for the child's personality to come through.

But since you asked: Mads, Mal, Lynn, Lee, Della (which is a good southern name, my Grandmothers, actually.)

HTH!

• I used to coach a Madelyn whose nickname was Emmie which was shortened from when they called her Little Miss "M".
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagepinktulips:
    I used to coach a Madelyn whose nickname was Emmie which was shortened from when they called her Little Miss "M".

See? Organic, cute, unique, and probably fits the child. Just let it happen.

• I love the name Emmie, Emma.

She could go by Dalyn - it definately would fit a sporty little girl. If Emmie, Emma fits her I would use that one. Lynn is a logical choice, but it's nms.

• I was gonna say Mads too.
  • I know a Madeline whose nn is Madly. Odd, but she runs full tilt into absolutely everything, and it really suits her.
  • Wow...thanks for all the great responses.  I really love a bunch of them :) 
  • imageldcoffel:
    I used to nanny a Madelyn and she went by "Mads"

This.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"