Trying to Get Pregnant

Morning Poll!

So last night my dh and i were exhausted so we ended up going to bed at 11:00. About 1 in the morning my Dh wakes me up because he cant sleep! Why the heck, do i have to be up because he cant sleep! After about an hour, i was finally able to fall back asleep. So, this brings us to our morning poll:

What is the one annoying habit of your DH's that you could live without??

Re: Morning Poll!

• One more habit that kills me is putting juice containers back in the fridge with just a little bit of juice in the bottom. Just finish the freakin juice! :)
  • I really don't like when he leaves hangers hanging on our bathroom door or laying on the bed from getting dressed in the morning. It takes two seconds to hang them back in the closet!
  • Loading the player...
  • Good morning! The one annoying habit DH has that I could live without is this noise he makes when he is almost done brushing his teeth.....everytime he brushes his teeth, he makes this noise like he is coughing up a hairball, and it drives me nuts, esp. in the morning!

Funny thing is, the first time I vacationed with his whole family, when it was bedtime and everyone was brushing their teeth, I realized HIS WHOLE FAMILY makes the same noise! My SIL and me agree this is super annoying, but we had a good laugh about it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DH leaves half full bottles of water or glasses around the house. It's a little annoying. He also isn't very good about closing cabinets or closet doors. Oh well, I've gotten used to those things overall.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• He'll wake me up sometimes too, can't phantom why he just did it to me the other day 1am in the morning, Jen Jen I got the printer network working you can print from your Mac. "Thank you baby now come to bed" were my exact words! LOL My sister used to do that to me growing up too!

His worst habit is the snoring, last night I woke up and noticed he rolled to me and was snoring right in my face... flarking loud as hell! it gets worst with a cold or allergies which he has both right now!

• Oh my god if DH was on here he would have a field day with my habits that annoy him!

He doesnt have any really annoying habits but he does tend to leave empty things on the counter like cereal boxes and such. I always think he leaves it out for me but nope its gone!

• Only one?

Should it be when he can't put anything in the trash can?  I find take out containers and wrappers within a foot of the trash.

Or how about when I find clothes all over the house.  Most often his socks, he just takes them off where ever he is.  It's like an easter egg hunt for me.

• imageMissyC979:
    DH leaves half full bottles of water or glasses around the house. It's a little annoying. He also isn't very good about closing cabinets or closet doors. Oh well, I've gotten used to those things overall.

Add these to my list as well!

• He leaves empty boxes in the pantry (and empty bottles/containers in the fridge too). When I am making my grocery list, if I see a box in the pantry, I'm not getting that item. So now I am forced to feel and shake every container inthe pantry to see if we need that.

Sort of related is I always ask him if he needs anything and then when I am done grocery shopping, he always says "did you get XYZ" when that is NOT something he told me to get. Aparently he thinks I have grocery mental telepathy!

• imagefuturebabymama:

He leaves empty boxes in the pantry (and empty bottles/containers in the fridge too). When I am making my grocery list, if I see a box in the pantry, I'm not getting that item. So now I am forced to feel and shake every container inthe pantry to see if we need that.

I forgot about that one. My DH does that too--especially with items in our pantry.

• MSC03MSC03 member

He leaves lights on all over the house, all of the time. He's all energy-efficient in just about every other aspect (he gets super upset when I don't recycle every.single.thing), but then when I walk around and start turning off lights, he get upset.

I am saving us money. I am being energy effient. Quit your b*tching!

(and yes, I have said this to him.)

imageimage
  • my DH, takes off his clothes and just leaves in on the chair in our bedroom. It takes 2 seconds to throw it in the hamper that is literally a few steps away from the chair!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagekob227:

Only one?

Should it be when he can't put anything in the trash can?? I find take out containers and wrappers within a foot of the trash.

Or how about when I find clothes all over the house.? Most often his socks, he just takes them off where ever he is.? It's like an easter egg hunt for me.

?

My DH does this to! He will put the trash right next to the trash can but not in it! whats up with that!?

• It seems like many guys share these weird habits...I was surprised to learn many of our guy friends are the same way even though they seem very organized!
  • How he refuses to order take-out when we get it.  He always makes me call.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • He never turns the fan in the bathroom on when he's going #2 - ew.
  • imagebeffysky:
    How he refuses to order take-out when we get it.  He always makes me call.

This for me too!!! Gets very old, very quick!

• He uses a new towel every time he takes a shower. Then doesnt hang them up!
    ** Highschool Sweethearts ** 
    Married: February 14, 2009

MC: June 6 2010 @ 18 weeks
    DS: December 19, 2011
    MC: October 2, 2015 @ 14 weeks

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My DH is a snorer and get's super annoyed with me if I wake him up to tell him to roll over (he's just cranky in general when woken up).  He also insists on leaving a lamp on all day when we aren't home in the winter when it get's dark early because he wants to make it look like someone is home.  It drives me nut's because it is so wasteful!
  • imageFinn829:
    I really don't like when he leaves hangers hanging on our bathroom door or laying on the bed from getting dressed in the morning. It takes two seconds to hang them back in the closet!

My DH does this too and I can't stand it!  The hangers are the wire ones from the cleaners as well and I hate those!! I wish he would just go ahead and put them in the trash and not in the bed!

Twin girls born Feb 2012
    After another round of IVF, Baby #3 is on the way!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My DH and I have a running joke that he is a _____(fill in the blank) hypocrite...  He gets on my case about things that he also does such as leave dishes in the sink when they can be put in the dishwasher...so I just say you are being a dish hypocrite

• He silenty sings to EVERY song on American Idol, just mouthes the words with this rock star look on his face. OMG stop.it.now. I get so distracted trying to listen to them sing while he's beside me silent singing! He thinks it's hilarious.
  • DH gets changed after work and leaves his clothes on the floor next to the bed. Of course I end up tripping over them in the dark to get to bed at night. OR....he puts them on TOP of the hamper. Just open the freakin' lid!!!! Grrrr.
  • He doesn't do much to annoy me but it does really bother that he cooks with the flame way too high.  I tried to explain to him once or twice that with stainless steel you don't have to use as much heat.  Some of our pans are brown on the bottom from him burning them.  But at least he cooks!

Then it bugs me because he always uses the kitchen towels to clean up messes and then just leaves them hanging.  I never want to use them to dry my hands or to dry clean dishes cause I have no idea where they've been.

• when it's just the two of us at home, he chews with his mouth open.  it grosses me out to hear people eat.  and this isn't really a habit, just an annoyance in general- his alarm is SO loud and it startles me awake every freakin morning.  i hate it!

i guess it's not so bad if this is what i have to complain about.  :)

• imagebeffysky:
    How he refuses to order take-out when we get it.  He always makes me call.

LOL!! My dh gets embarrased from the stupidest things and makes me do all the calling and ordering too.

I guess my dh has alot of little things like

- re-wearing his work clothes (gross!)

- he likes his space when he sleeps so he pushes me away - I like to cuddle

- I get up earlier than him and he can't stand that I disrupt his sleep, so he sneaks into the guest room every morning. But on Saturday morning when I am content in my sleep at 7am, and he can't sleep - that means we BOTH have to wake up!! Oh, then he goes back for a nap at 9am while there is no way I can go back to sleep for any amount of time. Drives me crazy!!

- Telling me what to order/eat - I don't listen - it gets under my skin.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Thank you IVF for our little miracles!!
  • He has a bowl of cereal at night and can not put the box back in the pantry.  He leaves it open on the counter.  And he is physically unable to put a new roll of toilet paper on the holder...he'll leave it on the sink or tank.  Come on!
  • I hate it when he picks at his toenails.
  • I get annoyed at my DH when the dog has to go out and is scratching at the door and my husband doesn't get up to take him out.  Instead I have to stop what I am doing and take him, or nag him to take him.  Just take the dog out!  He is clearly telling you he has to go!
  • He puts trash in the sink along with dirty plates and stuff. I'm always finding plastic wrappers, napkins, and even boxes in there and it's all wet and soggy. I don't get why he can't throw the stuff away in the trash, 2 feet over.
  • If a large container like a milk jug is empty, DH will not put it in the trash can. He'll set it on the counter beside the trash can. His reasoning is that he doesn't want the trash can to get too full.  What? Isn't that what the trash can if for? Ugh.

He also can not stand it if a glass is not filled to the very top of the rim.  It's fine for him, but he even fills up his eight year old son's cups to the very very top and he inevitably ends up spilling his drinks. I think he must have felt rejected when he was young that his mom didn't fill up his cups all the way or something.

• Oh, I could make a list. On top of that list are these...First, he will "help" me clean house by sweeping, but he just sweeps the dirt into the corner and leaves it there. No dust pan...nothing. Then later I will find a pile of dirt in the corner. Aaaarrggghhh!!! That's not helping!!

Second, he will feed and water the cats, but he refuses to touch the litter pan. I have no idea why, but he feels like he shouldn't have to do that. Pisses me off!!

I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. 1Samuel 1:27 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Team Peeta Tag Pictures, Images and Photos
  • He is in love with the dog and carries him around like a baby when he gets home from work.

Cute you say? Yea well - dog is 62 lbs, 

He carries him with his (dog) legs over his (DH) hips and front legs over his shoulders.

Oh, and when we are out for a walk if there is mud, he'll pick him up to carry him over it that way.

I then pretend I am just out for a stroll and happen to be walking by crazy man with dog. Smile

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"