Birth Stories
Options

Semi-Natural?

Ok so i had just gotten home from work on sunday night. Sat down and ate dinner with DH. I was getting really itchy due to my PUPPS and DH offered to go start me a bath. So i sat there at the dinner table and i felt a lil warmth come out...I thought  to myself "i think i just pissed myself". LOL...I was wearing a liner so i wasnt to concerned, then it happened again but felt like more. So i got a lil concerned becuase i still had 2.5 weeks to go. So i quickly got up and with my knees closed ran to the other bathroom. Dropped my pants and sure enough my water had broken and soon as i sat down it REALLY broke! I looked...it was clear- Phew! I called for DH but he couldnt hear me.Finally he heard me and came in- I said " my water just broke!!" He didnt belive me!! I stood up as it leaked out and said im not peeing i swear!! His mouth kinda dropped and said i will go get the phone! LOL

So, I call the doc office and it is 9:30pm so it was an oncall doc that called me back. Becuase i live 45 min away he said you might as well just come in now. My bags were not packed, totally not ready. When i looked down again the toliet bowl had turned bloody(mucus plug) I started to panic becuase i was un-aware that it would look like blood! For 1- i hate the sight of blood, for 2 i was almost 3 weeks early, and for 3 this was my first and i immdietly started to panic!

DH was insisting that i get in the tub becuase i still hadnt had a contraction yet, He kept saying "we have time-calm down!" I would reply back with "were having an effin baby,my water broke,its snowing out, i am not packed, your not packed-Pack ur *** lets go!!" LOL I may have over reacted a bit.

So i throw a bunch of random stuff in a bag which then turns into a heaping pile we have to put in the truck.

we get on the road and half way down the rd and he starts to turn around! He forgot to leave a key out so  somone could come get the dog. GRR!

Back on the rd...He pulls into the gas station! What!!!! Mind you it is snowing,the roads are icy and i am leaking water everywhere!! We wernt planning on taking the truck thats why he wasnt prepared. He is lucky i still hadnt felt any pain!

We get to the ER and he drops me off at the door, i walk in big belly,wet pants and a pillow...the security gaurd jumps over the counter grabs me a wheelchair and off we go! I think he was more nervous then i was!

They check me in and blah blah blah....Nothing happend all night. I was having contractions on the monitor-but i didnt feel anything. So at 8am the next morning my doc starts me on a high dose of pitocin. We started at 6 and upped it by 6 every hour. By about noon time it started to kick in.

The fun begins! It wasnt bad at first...but then the back pain started to kick in. OmG did that hurt. It just got worse and worse as it progressed! I litterally thought my spine was being snapped in half! They tried several things to get her to flip and nothing was working. I tried to get in the tub with jets but the first contraction i got i was like a fish out of water! Get me out i screamed!! Thats when i said i needed something mild. They gave me some nubaine. I regret getting that becuase it went straight to my head! Did nothing for the pain just made me very drowsy until the next sharp contraction! The only thing that was working for me was to have the bed all the way up and leaning over the back while on my knees and breathing very loudly into my hands like a brown bag and having DH with all his strenghth pushing down on my lower back! Harder harder  i would scream!

Then about 3pm i said i either need to push or take a crap. So they let me sit on the toliet becuase they didnt think i was ready yet. Well when i was there it was even more pressure so they made me get back in the bed to chck me- sure enough i was more then ready!! "let me go get the doc she said!"

He came in-and i began to push and push! Finally they said i can see her crowning! I asked my mom how big and she said "I dunno,maybe a quarter" That pissed me off that on my next push i got the head out! and my doc had to tell me to stop mid push becuase he needed to get the cord off her neck and suck her nose and all that good stuff! And then the doctor said reach down and pull your baby out- it was the greatest thing! Plop she came right out and up onto my chest! What a big baby! I was told a week ago she was only about 6lbs on the u/s. My first look at her i was like that is not a 6lb baby!! She weighd 8.7lbs!! Holy crap! She was born at 3:54pm. So i pushed for maybe half hour.

She ripped me top and bottom! Tore my urethra...very excessive bleeding. Got tons of stiches and had to stay an extra day to get a blood transfusion. 2 units! I thought i was dying as i laid there and completly woosy after the birth. All the attention was on the baby being cleaned up...and i laid there and the room started spinning...I could have gone without that part. LOL.

She was completly healthy and so precious! I would do it all over again. I would say i did it natural but im not sure if the nubaine takes away that credit! Amazing...Glad i didnt go full-term!

Thanks for reading-Hope you enjoyed!

Carrie

Re: Semi-Natural?

• Options
    Great birth story, sounds a lot like mine.  I still need to write mineSurprise
  • Options
    Oh my gosh your entire experience sounds sooo intense!!!!!! Congrats! I'm glad it all worked out!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    She is a CUTIE! Congrats!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Enjoy you baby girl, they grow too fast!  Congrats!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagealrdytkn1222:

She ripped me top and bottom! Tore my urethra...very excessive bleeding. Got tons of stiches and had to stay an extra day to get a blood transfusion. 2 units! I thought i was dying as i laid there and completly woosy after the birth.

I would say i did it natural but im not sure if the nubaine takes away that credit! Amazing...Glad i didnt go full-term!

sounds like a case for a c section. No baby is worth ripping from top to bottom for. Totally unnecessary.

And don't ever claim non-medicated nazis aren't trying to claim "credit" for going without pain relief. They never get it, there IS no medal. There is no credit. There is no sense. The drugs are there for a reason. And by the way an epi is safe for the baby where nubaine is not. Bad choice there. 

• Options
    Really?  Is all that necessary?  You can't tell someone they made a bad choice or their baby wasn't worth it.. have some class.
  • Options
    Wow! I'm glad it all worked out. Congrats!
    TTC since 8/2012

• Options
    imagemarrymemylove:
    imagealrdytkn1222:

She ripped me top and bottom! Tore my urethra...very excessive bleeding. Got tons of stiches and had to stay an extra day to get a blood transfusion. 2 units! I thought i was dying as i laid there and completly woosy after the birth.

I would say i did it natural but im not sure if the nubaine takes away that credit! Amazing...Glad i didnt go full-term!

sounds like a case for a c section. No baby is worth ripping from top to bottom for. Totally unnecessary.

And don't ever claim non-medicated nazis aren't trying to claim "credit" for going without pain relief. They never get it, there IS no medal. There is no credit. There is no sense. The drugs are there for a reason. And by the way an epi is safe for the baby where nubaine is not. Bad choice there. 

nubaine- in fact IS safe. If it weren't safe nurses wouldn't give it. I had pre labor 3 times and was given nubaine each time.

• Options
    imagemarrymemylove:
    imagealrdytkn1222:

You are clearly bitter about your birth experience OR you don't even have kids. She does get "credit" for accomplishing something she set out to accomplish. We have all sorts of transportation available, but people still run marathons, and guess what, they get credit for that...do you have a problem with people setting goals. And for your information, Epi's aren't "safe" either. All interventions have risks, and she did what she felt was best for her and her child given the situation she was in. You are an idiot.

OP- great job...and you have an honorary medal from me!!

• Options
    imagemarrymemylove:
    imagealrdytkn1222:

Maybe I'm crazy, but I think my baby was worth doing anything for.  And I'm guessing a lot of others feel the same way.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I think this a great birth story!! congrats on your LO!!!!

MMML- you are a major ass_hole.  go crawl back into your spider hole or BF your husb or something.  BUHBYEEEEE

• Options
    congrats on your LO, I would definitely consider it natural. 
  • Options
    LOL loved the story!! We are TTC #1 now, i have a feeling we will follow the sametime line as yours up until the arrival at the hosp! congrats!!
  • Options
    i think it is awesome that you had a hospital doc that let you pull your baby out. what a nice combo of the hospital model/midwife model. congrats!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"