D.C. Area Babies

Holy Cross in Silver Spring, MD

Anyone else on here going to deliver there or anyone that has already delivered there?

?

??

Re: Holy Cross in Silver Spring, MD

• I delivered there.  I was very happy with Labor and Delivery.  Not as happy with Mother/Baby.
  • I delivered there unexpectedly in December.  DS decided to grace us with his presence 2 months early and the OB sent us to HC instead of Shady Grove.  I had a c-section and spent 4 nights there.  DS was in the NICU for 27 days.  Love HC!  Nurses were great.  I think there was only 1 nurse I didn't care for.  She wasn't mean or anything, we just had different personalities.  All NICU staff was incredible.  Even the reception people at the main entrance to the hospital were super friendly.  My only complaint would be that the cafeteria food was mediocre and quite expensive.  Bring your own food.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm delivering there in August.
    The DC Nest. Winers welcome.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I'm delivering there in June. A lot of my colleagues have delivered there and they were happy with their experiences. Holy Cross has a lot of great classes and I highly recommend the pre-natal stretch and tone or the pre-natal yoga. The instructor is great and it's a nice way to meet other pregnant women.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I delivered there 13 days ago and had a great experience.  I went in to be induced.  L & D was good.  Mother and baby was nice too...although the nurses sometimes gave us conflicting answers about feeding and sleeping.  We even sent him to the nursery overnight the last night I was there to get some shut eye in between feedings.

He was also admitted to the NICU unexpectedly, so we had a great experience with the NICU as well.  He was only there 3 days.

I agree 100% with the PP about the food.  Your food will be pretty good.  I didn't mind the food for hospital food.  But, the cafeteria was super expensive and we didn't find a lot of healthy options.

I also took some classes through them - CPR, Child Care, Birthing, etc.  All good things!

Allison
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I delivered there in October.  Our Labor & Delivery nurse was incredible!  I wish I could have moved her upstairs with me to our room. Because the Recovery Room nurses were not that helpful.  It seemed like they could be bother with my requests for pain meds or extra pads.  When I asked if the baby could sleep in the nursery the nurse said NO!  It was quite surprised because all of my girlfriends had recommended to have the baby removed from your room.  Then they never showed me how to use the spitz bath so I ended up in tears trying to figure it out on my own.  Luckily, hubby was there and he marched down to the nurses station and asked if someone could help me.  A great nurse came to my rescue and was so helpful. They have a comment card in the room and we left her a glowing review but the others should have been fired!
  • imagesoon2bmrsking:
    I delivered there in October.  Our Labor & Delivery nurse was incredible!  I wish I could have moved her upstairs with me to our room. Because the Recovery Room nurses were not that helpful.  It seemed like they could be bother with my requests for pain meds or extra pads.  When I asked if the baby could sleep in the nursery the nurse said NO!  It was quite surprised because all of my girlfriends had recommended to have the baby removed from your room.  Then they never showed me how to use the spitz bath so I ended up in tears trying to figure it out on my own.  Luckily, hubby was there and he marched down to the nurses station and asked if someone could help me.  A great nurse came to my rescue and was so helpful. They have a comment card in the room and we left her a glowing review but the others should have been fired!

me & mrs. king must have been in the same room.  also, i didn't have any hot water.  

i'm writing a letter to the ceo... haven't gotten to it yet, but, i had bad customer service.  little things that really added up...  

so, when you go there - make sure that you're really firm in getting what you need.

NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageapb8-6-05:
    I delivered there.  I was very happy with Labor and Delivery.  Not as happy with Mother/Baby.

ditto this EXACTLY.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageTheJohns:

imageapb8-6-05:
    I delivered there.  I was very happy with Labor and Delivery.  Not as happy with Mother/Baby.

ditto this EXACTLY.

me too. I even wrote a glowing letter about our L&D nurse. 

Mother/baby was adequate. 

I hear they even have wifi now!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"