Nurseries and Baby Gear

orange and blue nursery PIP

Here is our baby boy's room so far.. Still a lot to do! (like replace the bottom  wood trim with white trim..)

My sister and I made the wall art, the crib is Graco Kendall, wall color is Glidden's Lake Front and the bedding is Nursery Works.

I am now on the look out for a white shorter dresser that can be used as the changing table, curtians, a rocking chair and other things to put on the walls! Let me know of any less then expensive places you've found for any of these things! haha Thanks!

I'm stuck on what to do for curtains.. I don't want to be to matchy matchy and go with a white or orange.. Do you think maybe a gray would go ok?

Re: orange and blue nursery PIP

• Very nice!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • looks great- i love the art you made. really neat. i think gray would work for curtains, or even a bright green, or white.

csn.com has a great selection of furniture and good deals. that's where we found ours.

• Loading the player...
  • I love your nursery...it is adorable!  I think that gray curtins might make the room & bit dark since the walls are already gray.....I would try to find some white ones maybe with a pattern in them that matches the color scheme that you have.....just my suggestion.
  • LOVE it!!! Very cool!
  • If you have an ikea near you- this dresser would be good- deep and wide enough to use as a canging table.

Love the room!

• Love it! That IKEA dresser is a good deal, however, if your crib is classic white, it won't match. Trust me. I went there last weekend to get the "white" expedit shelves and they are really more of a cream color. Totally don't match my classic white crib (or dresser). :(
  • I like the Ikea dresser the other poster linked to, but when I saw it in person I felt it was too tall.  ie I could imagine a toddler pulling it over trying to see in the top drawer.  The malm dresser is shorter (and cheaper) though not as cute.  I thought it was a true white but perhaps it'd be worth double checking?

As for curtains, gray could be nice if they're not too dark.  I'm not sure why, but I love Urban Outfitters curtains.  A couple that might look nice are Blossom Breeze and Asian Poppy.

• I bought the Hemnes dresser that the previous poster linked to.  It is the perfect height for changing, and it comes with a safety strap to keep the dresser from tipping over.  Once I get the room painted I will screw the safety strap to the wall with a wall molly. 

It looks truly white to me, but it is possible that it is slightly toward the off white.  Mostly I like the height, it hits me right at the belly button, I'm about 5'7".

• it looks really cute , good job!
  • imagekarelaorange:

I like the Ikea dresser the other poster linked to, but when I saw it in person I felt it was too tall.  ie I could imagine a toddler pulling it over trying to see in the top drawer.  The malm dresser is shorter (and cheaper) though not as cute.  I thought it was a true white but perhaps it'd be worth double checking?

As for curtains, gray could be nice if they're not too dark.  I'm not sure why, but I love Urban Outfitters curtains.  A couple that might look nice are Blossom Breeze and Asian Poppy.

LOVE the asian poppy curtains!!

• love it! it looks great! I never would have been able to pick those colors! you guys did great!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • cute!  I love the cutouts and I got some really nice white panels at Target of all places!  I agree w/ PP about darkness.
  • i love that shade of blue!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"