Working Moms
Options

The moment you realized you were a "mom"

This morning when I realized my work blouse had her dried boogers on it. 

Isn't that quintessential working mom? dried up body fluid on your work outfit?

Re: The moment you realized you were a "mom"

• Options
    FloF9FloF9 member
    Yep!!  too funny.  I was looking at my slacks and I have a chalky orange smudge on them.  An orange wafer cookie that grandpa gave my son.
  • Options
    So true!  I feel like every article of clothing I own has some small DD-related stain on it! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    PeskyPesky member
    When I accepted a booger my DD had picked out of her nose.  Ummm, yeah.  At least she said "ewwwww" while handing it to me but the thing is, I didn't think twice about taking it, putting it in a kleenex and then washing my hands (and hers). 

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Options
    I totally agree with you!! Snot, drool, shoe print etc on my work clothes. Its amazing how when its your DC's bodily fluids you're somehow OK with it; you wash our hands and hers and you dont think twice about it!
  • Options
    Every morning when DS hugs me good bye he gets drool/snot on me and if I don't bend down to give him a hug he hugs my legs and wipes his face on me.  NICE...  I have looked down plenty of times to realize that I had cookie/snot/drool/milk on my pants or shirt.  And the sad part is that it doesn't even bother me, it makes me smile.
  • Options
    My younger DD had extermly bad reflux and I don't know how many times I would try and catch the flow with my hands to save someone else's clothes/floor or whatever.  Not that my hands alone could contain the amount of fluid that would come out of her but I still would try. 
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • Options
    DS is pretty clingy in the mornings, so I spend most of my mornings in the kitchen while holding him - sometimes I even have to feed him breakfast when holding him because he does not want to let go. After I got done feeding him and doing kitchen stuff, I took him to change his diaper and get him dressed. That is when I realized that his diaper had leaked in the front and my side, where I was holding him on my hip, was semi-soaked in his pee. I changed him out of his jammie and wet diaper, but figured that I did not have time to bother with changing my shirt. So I went to work in a peed on shirt. Didn't bother me one bit!
  • Options
    many stories...but recently I walked by a table in the copy room that had a pair of metal scissors and had a strong urge to put them up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"