Success after IF
Options

May have D&C :(

So I went to the doc last Friday for my 6 week pp checkup. Well, the good news is that my blood pressure seems to have stabilized. YAY! So I'm coming off of the BP meds and we'll see how I do for the next week.

The bad news? I am still having bleeding and the doc thinks that part of the placenta is still inside. I am having an u/s on Friday and depending on the results of that and bloodwork that I had drawn last Friday, I may have a D&C :( I hope not. Apparently, my body doesn't like pregnancy too much, does it??? :)

Re: May have D&C :(

• Options
    Sorry you have to deal with all of that.  (((HUGS)))
  • Options
    aww you poor thing.  I hope that your body gets in gear and gets rid of everything before Friday.  I bled for 8 weeks, and they never said anything to me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I will be thinking good thoughts for you.
    DX: PCOS * Success with IVF

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    That's no fun, sorry! Question for you since we just learned about this in class last night... were you allowed to deliver the placenta, etc naturally? (sorry, I can't remember if you had aC section or not...) We learned that when they don't let that happen (and therefor pull on the cord to get it all out) this can happen.
  • Options
    ugh i am so sorry sweetie :(  you have already been through SO much with your pgcy, it's like the final slap in the face from your body.  i really hope you don't end up needing to have it.  sending you happy uterus thoughts and of course, (((HUGS))).
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

Our successful cycle was IVF #2: Microdose Lupron Flare Protocol - 2 beautiful blasts transferred.

email me: gretchela@hotmail.com
  • Options
    JCM I am fairly sure that I delivered the placenta naturally although that whole time is such a whirlwind - I hardly remember it. Plus, when I delivered it, I was trying to look over at my little baby who was being worked on by the NICU team - I was trying to see him before they took him away :(
  • Options
    I'm sorry sweetie. I hope you don't need it.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Savannah
    image.
    Callista
    Baby Trail Blog
    "Someday we will look at our babies and know it will be worth it. If it was easy, we would not have had our babies, the babies we were meant to have." From Amy052006
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I am so sorry. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that things work out.
    IUI # 1 on 1/19, Beta 2/1 = BFN, Hysteroscopy on 2/15= 5 polyps removed, and cervix cleared, IUI #2 on 4/15 = BFP, Beta#1 on 4/30 @ 15 dpiui= 279, Beta #2 on 5/9 @24dpiui = 10,154, U/S on 8/5 = TWO GIRLS! Born 10/16 at 28 weeks. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm sorry that really stinks. I hope your body does its thing by Friday! Good luck.
  • Options
    I'm sorry.  ((hugs))
  • Options
    that sucks - im sorry you have to deal with it.  But FWIW d&c isnt really that bad so it could really help you heal.
    TTC#1 since Feb 07 with PCOS and mild MFI
    i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart) Our first love and loss 7/2/07

3 cycles clomid TI = BFNs
    3 cycles clomid Ovidrel IUI = BFNs
    6/27/08 Surprise BFP = chemical pg
    IVF#1 July 08 BFP @7dp3dt
    TTC #3 since February 2010
    FET Sept. and Oct. 2010=BFN's
    IVF#2 June 2011=BFP

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    yuck, I'm sorry!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    aww that is to bad that happened. :( I hope it goes OK or that you don't need it!
  • Options
    I'm sorry, sweetie. I had to have a partial D&C more than 2 months after I delivered our twins because this little bit of placenta wouldn't budge. They were able to do a more precise surgery for me though with a combined hysteroscopy and they just plucked out what was left. Good luck and hoping it clears up itself maybe.
    *** It's funny because I'm fat ***
  • Options
    Good luck on Friday - I hope you don't have to have one and deal with all of that. 
  • Options
    I'm sorry!! I am surprised they are so concerned already... I bled for a solid 7+ weeks and they weren't worried. I hope it's nothing!!
    imageimage
    Married 8.13.2005, M/C 12/8/06- 5 weeks, M/C 2/27/07- 7 weeks, M/C w/ D&C 8/10/09-6.5 weeks *Charles Lawrence born 5/2/08 @ 3:14am, 7lb 8oz, 20.5 inches. Clomid, Crinone and baby aspirin. *Alexandra Claire born 9/14/10 @ 9:52am 6lb 14oz, 20.5 inches. Femara, Crinone and baby aspirin. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Ugh!  If it's not one thing . . .I'm glad your BP is better, and I hope that your body does it's own thing naturally. 
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm sorry, Kelly.  I hope everything looks ok next week.
    My Favorite Books image
    Books read in 2012: 58!
  • Options

Kelly, I am so sorry to hear that. I hope you don't need one, but I wanted to let you know I had to have a D&C 10 weeks after delivery for retained placenta too, but in my case I knew I had it (I had severe post partum hemhoraging immediately after i delivered due to the placenta not detaching properly). The D&C, as annoying as it was, was a breeze. they did it with ultrasound guidance, and the knock out drugs were similar to ivf retrieval sedation - so nothing serious that required a long recovery(and with a newborn I bet you would love the deep sleep!)

i went home and was completely fine within hours.  bleeding continued for a few days, then stopped entirely. you will be okay. hang in there. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"