Cincinnati Babies

Mommy Weekly Check-in

Here is a list of the moms in the Cincy/NKY/Dayton area.  If you are TTC, Expecting, or an Expert (AKA Mommy), please let me know and I can add you to the list!  If you see anything that needs corrected, please let me know.  This is posted every Tuesday and you can post at anytime throughout the week. 

Expecting

megntom07:EDD 4/9/09, it's a boy!
RXjenna: EDD 5/13/09, it's a girl!
tpo1118: EDD 5/16/09, it's a boy! (c-section 5/11/09)
planetzero: EDD 5/16/09, it's a girl (Nala)!
adamsbabble: EDD 5/25/09, it's a girl (Charlotte)!
shellbug79 #2: EDD 5/29/09, it's a boy (Oliver)!
AngRx: EDD 5/31/09, it's a girl (Natalie)!
bellevuebride07: EDD 6/1/09
hannah&ben: EDD 6/7/09, it's a boy (Henry)!
Zoogy #2: EDD 6/8/09
XmasWedding07: EDD 6/18/09
Mrs.Cooley2bee: EDD 7/15/09, it's a girl!
KYMelissa06: EDD 7/16/09, it's a boy!
gncnky: EDD 7/27/09, it's a boy!
vbmeg #2: EDD 8/8/09, it's a boy!
Traycee1242: EDD 8/18/09, it's a surprise!
klee411: EDD 8/25/09
MelissaMC22 #2: EDD 9/16/09 (c-section 9/9/09)
sistrkate: EDD 9/24/09
cat81305 #2: EDD 10/2/09, finds out on 5/19/09!
Tonya_G #2: EDD 11/24/09
tiffany41108: EDD ?
MeganBrian: EDD ?
suprchicy: EDD ?
Mrs.Babbsy: EDD ?, it's Twins!!
Angie&Junichi: EDD ?
Lucky_N_Love: EDD ?

TTC
Steve&heather
Katieranck2202
aschef
rachel06
bearcatfan
stacieann15
wheelber
SkyBlue2007
awinning
MrsMoher #2
natasha15
brittanyandcj
hav2run #3
firegirlkorb1
christyandnate

The Experts (aka, already moms!)
hannah&ben: mom to Sophia (11) & Jack (4)
Dani3679: mom to Ryleigh, born 3/14/04
Tonya_G: mom to Aiden, born 10/8/05
Steve&heather: mom to Elise Rose, born 10/21/05
Shawnsweetie: mom to Rylee Elizabeth, born 8/5/06
AgathiP04: mom to Nikolas Ronald, born 8/22/06
shellbug79: mom to Isabella Jane, born 8/23/06
Ivygalore: mom to Jillian Olivia Alysse, born 1/17/07
Rose.9.6.03: mom to Evelyn Sophia and Charlotte Corinne, born 2/15/07
MrsMoher: mom to Elijah Matthew, born 5/3/07
zoogy: mom to Mya Frances, born 5/6/07
MelissaMc22: mom to Jackson Ryan, born 6/8/07
curlypie1: mom to Nora Lee, born 6/19/07
TCsbride: mom to Luke, born 6/25/07
vbmeg: mom to Ryan Elizabeth, born 7/25/07
sistrkate: mom to Justin Thomas, born 8/4/07
Matilda&Leon: mom to Evan, born 8/6/07
adamsbabble: mom to Ava Caroline, born 8/27/07
424bride: mom to Nicholas Morgan, born 9/28/07
LoriZ: mom to Allison, born 10/11/07
ashlynn2432: mom to Kinley Reese, born 10/16/07
little-peanut: mom to Griffin Oliver, born 10/18/07
sprads: mom to Brooke Elizabeth, born 10/29/07
RXJenna: mom to Mason Carter, born 12/11/07
SpartanSuzi: mom to Andrew James, born 12/18/07
skram2b: mom to Maleah Delaney, borh 12/27/07
doodlebug914: mom to Ethan Christopher, born 1/3/08
buttrflysky: mom to Lucas, born 1/8/08
l_kristina: mom to Katherine Elise, born 1/11/08
red0427: step-mom to Max & Grace & mom to Gabe, born 1/12/08
IAM4UK: mom to Katherine Marie, born 1/16/08
Nire99: mom to Avery, born 8/14/04 and Owen Gregory, born 1/17/08
JLPT830: mom to Caleb Anthony, born 1/17/08
bgsugrad: mom to Avery Grace, born 2/4/08
cat81305: mom to Alecksander "Aleck" Todd, born 2/14/08
tinytot_924: mom to Kathryn Rose, born 2/20/08
schwenjl: mom to Hudson Henry Daniel, born 2/23/08
pinkylu: mom to Adah Noelle, born 2/25/08
ELucky14: mom to Catherine Elizabeth, born 3/10/08
JenRose05: mom to Benjamin Arthur, born 3/28/08
andailey: mom to Madelyn Grace, born 3/31/08
escape1st: mom to Nathaniel, born 4/7/08
cops_wife: mom to Eliza Sue, born 4/27/08
teacherjess: mom to Leah Claire, born 5/10/08
Mommy2Max: mom to Max, born 5/12/08
mrs.george2be04: mom to Logan Charles, born 5/18/08
ML*: mom to Grace Emmaline, born 5/29/08
jules_9: mom to Alyson & Grace, and Brady born 6/1/08
KristenBtobe: mom to Maggie, born 6/6/08
Brougham7-15-06: mom to Jacob Andrew, born 6/21/08
Becca070707Ken: mom to Kellen Austin, born 1/3/02 & Ayden Michael, born 7/8/08
hav2run: mom to Jamie & Brenna Claire, born 7/25/08
Kabel: mom to Grace Ann 7/25/08
jerseygirl81: mom to Charlie, born 8/6/08
rmburress: mom to Emma Grace, born 8/11/08
riabiron: stepmom to Morgan & mom to Sophia, born 8/14/08
Lorimicheled: mom to Natalie, born 8/20/08
Moesten: mom to Katherine, born 8/26/08
kel716: mom to Brandon, born 8/28/08
Americangreekbr: mom to Anthony, born 8/29/08
linzpinz14: mom to Cecilia, born 9/2/08
Klee2922: mom to Ashlyn, born 9/23/08
punkrawkmom44: mom to Nicholas, Nathaniel, Nevin, and Nolan, born 9/25/08
Annapolis13: mom to Oliver, born 9/25/08
jgeiman: mom to Jena, born 10/7/08
MrsVetter: mom to Elena, born 10/10/08
alisonada: mom to Piper Anne, born 4/13/07 & Kadence Paige, born 10/16/08
lisamm1: mom to Macy, born 10/19/08
Mommy2babyj: mom to Jack, born 9/10/06 & Allison Elizabeth, born 10/21/08
soccerfiend2002: mom to Claire Evelyn, born 10/27/08
TM&AB: mom to Charles Adam, born 11/5/08
Megs&Nick: mom to Allison "Allie" Jayne, born 11/27/08
tiffyr0se: mom to Cole Roark, born 12/8/08
Shawnsweetie: mom to Parker, born 12/10/08
futuremrs.Inman: mom to Carson James, born 12/27/08
Dec05gurl: mom to Charlotte Rachel, born 12/29/08
Jscaggs: mom to Olivia Grace, born 12/30/08
Addslove: mom to Lillian Constance, born 1/4/09
Asphire: mom to Camden & Tessa, born 1/20/09
Meg41208: mom to Katie, born 2/16/09
Lyons_in_2007: mom to Jacob Robert, born 3/2/09
johnandkristin: mom to Jack, born 6/7/07 and Annabelle Renee, born 3/9/09
gemduncan: mom to Anna Caitlyn, born 3/25/09
MrsMandaK: mom to Lily Gayle, born 4/25/06 and Charlotte Kathleen, born 3/27/09

Congrats to Tonya_G for your BFP!!!

Congrats to gemduncan on the birth of her baby girl!  Sorry I never posted a good luck to your upcoming birth!  She decided to arrive early :-)

Congrats to MrsMandaK on the birth of her baby girl!

Welcome gncnky to our board!

Happy 1st Birthday to Madelynn (andaily - 3/31)!!

We are glad to hear that Max's & Ayden's surgeries went well last week!

Congrats to Mrs.Vetter & Elena for winning last week's POTW!

QOTW: What music do you listen to when DC is in the car?  What do you listen to when it's just you in the car?

Updates welcome!!!

Our kids are 19mths apart and we LOVE it!!

Married to my BFF on 8.13.05 (after dating 5 years)!

DS born 2.14.08. DD born 9.30.09.

Re: Mommy Weekly Check-in

• QOTW: I listen to my music. For some reason, kids' music really gets on my nerves and I can't explain it. Luckily, I have decent taste in music (it's not hardcore rap or anything). Just whatever is popular. DH loves Paul Simon and always plays our Paul Simon songs from the Ipod in the car.

Updates: Leah has bronchiolitis and is miserable! She's on a nebulizer three times a day and she hates it, she's not sleeping, she's teething, and sometimes she coughs so hard she throws up. So we are miserable too! Today was supposed to be our first swim class but we're obviously not there :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • When DS is fussy he has a CD of classical music I put on....he loves the Waltz of the Flowers from the Nutcracker.  Or I sing to him....poor kid.  Otherwise we usually listen to country, appropriate pop music, or oldies (I'm a sucker for 50s music!)  When he's not in the car, I'm a closet rock and metal fan....I like Metallica, Hinder, Korn.  I don't stay up on new stuff, so I have no idea who sings most of what I like.  I also love love love my Andrea Bocceli CD, but for some reason DS isn't a fan.  In the morning I sometimes listen to NPR.  I'm all over the place!  :-)

Update:  DS is getting really good at climbing.  We let him climb the stairs to go to bed every night.  I hope we don't end up regretting that!

Jennie Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • QOTW: We usually listen to our music (country is the main music on).  Every so often I put on a kids CD but if he gets cranky we just sing our own songs :-)  We don't change what we listen to just because he is in the car, just the volume of the music, LOL!

Updates: He now has all 16 teeth all the way in and he is taking more and more steps!  He is basically walking now!  We are sooo excited!  He also loves remote controls!  It is HILLARIOUS!  That is how we get him to walk to us.  He only watchs maybe 30mins of TV a day if that and he still loves the remotes!  He is also repeating us with more and more words.  Today it is open and uh oh!  The pregnancy is better.  I am starting to get a small baby bump and my pants are fitting a little more snug now but not where I have to unbutton them yet.  I still have some nausea and everything I smell basically makes me gag but the Zofran is helping a lot!!!  I am not getting sick anymore! 

Our kids are 19mths apart and we LOVE it!!

Married to my BFF on 8.13.05 (after dating 5 years)!

DS born 2.14.08. DD born 9.30.09.

• I just listen to whatever is on the radio.  Usually Q102 or sometimes country.  I'm not a big music person.  I also make up silly songs and sing those a lot while we're in the car.  I swear I can come up with a song about anything.  If she's riding with DH, he makes her listen to Widespread Panic, Grateful Dead, String Cheese Incident or Talk Radio...poor kid.  No wonder she cries more often in his car than in my car!

Allie is doing great!  She had her 4 Month appointment yesterday.  She weighed in at 13.1 lbs (50%)  and 24.5 inches (75+).  She's starting the teething process and soaks several outfits a day with drool.  We're really working on getting her to sleep in the PNP or her crib instead of the papasan chair and so far it's going better than expected.  She's learned to blow raspberries this week and it is too cute!

imageimage
    Photos courtesy of Jen Rose Photography
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I listen to NPR or my own music with her in the car or without.  I figure she spent 9 months listening to it in utero, so it might be familiar to her now.  Last week I bought one of They Might Be Giants' kids CDs so we've listened to that a couple of times, but she's still way to little to appreciate the silly lyrics. 

Updates:  She's growing like a weed- in the past week, she's outgrown her NB sized clothes AND diapers.  She's still a peanut, but I'm happy (and sad) to be moving on to different clothes.  She has also been sleeping in her crib since Friday night, without incident.  It's going to take awhile to get used to listening to every little squeak over the baby monitor, but it's a good change.  Since she's been going longer at night between feedings, we decided it was time to try it and she did really well.  She's also started smiling recently, which is so cute.

My maternity leave is half over, which is a bummer, but my request to return to work part time was approved so I won't be working as many hours. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • we listen to k-love usually... some country too.
    Ava Caroline 8.27.07 I Charlotte Grace 5.18.09 I Lila Katherine 1.20.11

• Ellie is very picky about her music. We listen to a Disney CD that I like, and a CD of Steve Tyrell singing Disney standards. When she's fussy, though, we have to listen to this Silly Songs CD that she loves that starts with her favorite song, "Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini." I am so sick of that d@mn CD! Needless to say, I do not listen to it when she's not in the car with me. ;)

She also sometimes likes Gavin DeGraw, and since his CD is already in my CD changer, I usually listen to that when she's not in the car.

Photo by Melissa Nicole Photography

imageimage
  • I listen to Sirius in the car- usually the Hits or the Blend, whether Elena is in the car or not. ?

?Updates- Elena finally rolled over from belly to back this week. ?She has rolled over back to belly a few times but she is generally not interested in rolling. ?Also, she started daycare this week. :( ??

• QOTW:  when kat is in the car with me i put my ipod on shuffle and we jam!  well...we try to at least.  nothing too crazy on there, mostly tori amos and tons of emo.  i am 30, does that make me too old for emo?  ;)  she is really into the song "the places that you come to fear the most" by dashboard confessional right now.  :)  when i am alone i usually listen to NPR...kat finds it boring. 

Update:  i have been so busy lately that there has been no time to play on the nest!  work has been insane and when i get home the last thing i want to do is turn on the computer.  kat still goes to bed at about 7:00 so i only get about 2 hours with her at night and want to make the most of it.  she is walking like a champ now, getting into everything.  also, she has really developed a temper!  if you tell her no, she gets mad!  it is actually kind of funny...does that make me terrible?  dh and i were laughing at her tonight b/c she threw a fit when we wouldn't give her the remote...to chew on.  when does the "i put everything in my mouth phase" end? 

• Holy moly!  I am almost at the top of the list!!! Indifferent

QOTW: I listen to my music in the car.  Mason doesn't really pay much attention to whats on the radio, so I'm taking advantage of that while I can!

Updates: Not a whole lot new to report.  Mason is as rambunctious as ever, climbing on all the furniture and running around the house when we let him.  Its hard to keep up with him these days.  I am going to the OB twice weekly now or NSTs.  I can't believe that I am 34 weeks already.  I had Mason at 37 weeks, so it will be interesting to see how long this baby decides to bake :)

• QOTW:  I listen to my music which is pretty much anything and everything.

Updates: Logan has been taking steps for about a week now.  He's up to 8 consecutive steps.  He is "talking" up a storm and we are just having a blast with him--SUCH a fun stage!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • QOTW:  In the car, whether B is in there or not I listen to a lot of country.  Sometimes delilah (am I weird for that?)/98.5 if I'm sick of the country.  I'm a station flipper...  ONCE in a while I listen to Bob and Tom in the morning but B is never in the car with me.  At home, it's usually B 105.  We have a stereo next to B's PNP and he listens to B 105 when dh is getting ready while he plays in the PNP.  When it's just B and I, I have some baby einstein CD's that we'll dance to. 

Updates:  Brandon is SOOO close to crawling.  I have a feeling he'll crawl towards a remote control as he's obsessed with them (is it a boy thing???).  I'm not sure though if that will happen before he pulls himself up.  It's his absolute favorite thing to do.  So I'll sit in his room with him in the crib and the rail down while he practices pulling up.  It's his favorite game and for me that's the safest spot for him to do that.   I think his two front teeth are going to make an appearance soon as the drool is "dropping" off of him instead of soaking his clothes.  All of us have a slight cold right now which is just making his symptoms worse.  I can't believe how quickly he's already grown up!!!

• I don't have anything to answer about the QOTW yet, but thanks for adding me to the list!
    Brady 7/29/2009 Avery 4/1/2011
  • When we're traveling lengthy distances, I usually will let Nora watch a Baby Einstein or Little People DVD, otherwise she'll just listen to my music or we just sing.

When I'm alone, I listen to my favorite CD's or XM radio. It's usually talk radio like Dr. Laura or Dave Ramsey.

Nora is talking up a storm. Everything has the word, "too" at the end. Play too? Eat too? Hug too?

It's really cute. Also we thought she had another ear infection this week since she was so fussy and threw lots of tantrums but her pedi told us she is fine and is just a "strong-willed child". She faught him like crazy during her whole exam. He said he was happy he wasn't going home with us. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. :-) 

• Can you change my EDD to 7/13 please? ?We have also decided that we'll be naming him Carter. ?

I've been feeling pretty good the past couple of weeks and I only have one more week before I head into the 3rd trimester. ?I can't believe that I still have almost 15 weeks until he will be here. ?It seems like forever, but I know that it will fly with everything that we have going on. ?We finished painting the nursery two weeks ago and all of the furniture is together. ?We're just waiting on our rocker to come in and we'll be set as far as the basics for the nursery. ?I just can't wait until he is finally here!?

• We listen to our music in the car.  Ethan loves any type of music, especially faster paced, and will babble and dance to it anywhere he is.  He does listen to Praise Baby CD's at night though.  He is still listening to the Christmas one, lol!  It is just relaxing.  He walks in his room at bedtime and presses the play button on the cd player :)  We didn't teach him how to do it, I guess he just caught on from watching us!  At my grandparents house, he has figured out how to open the stereo cabinet and he loves to listen and dance to this really fast Pentocostal worship cd they have.  He makes my grandparents dance with him all day.  It is so funny!

On the ipod I love Coldplay, John Mayer, Jamie Cullum, Dave Matthews Band, Justin Timberlake, getting into Jack Johnson.  We also mostly listen to klove and 93.3 on the radio, love Mercy Me, Third Day.

Ethan is loving to play outside and has become a pro at climbing the steps, and is now going down them as well.  He waits for us to open the gate and then slides down on his belly :)  He babbles all the time but isn't really saying many words other than dada, so we're working on that.

• QOTW: Ben listens to whatever I listen to, is it bad I dont have a kid CD for him? I think It'd drive me insane Huh? Anyways, mostly its Q102, Coldplay, Jason Mraz, Jack Johnson, DMB, the beatles (which he loves)

And at least once a week we let the Led out Stick out tongue

UPDATES: Ben turned one...the entire world knows lol, he's now taken 20 steps unassisted and is now confident enough to walk to objects other than people. He took a spill into the wooden part of our couch on Sunday and busted his gum open...gave us quite a scare, I thought I would see a tooth dangling for sure. He's talking up a storm and is getting more and more energetic... I'm glad I love it!

• DD loves music.  We can put on some classic rock, pop,  or country and she starts bopping to the music right away.  We sing to her all the time, and lately I have been loading the ipod with lots of kid tunes to play in the car or at home for her.  She just loves it.

Updates:  It has been another big week here.  Aside from the blowing her nose thing I just posted about, she is a crawler now, and moves super fast, still working on those four upper teeth that are coming in (hello teething hell), pulls herself to standing without much effort, but still does not go from lying to sitting on her own yet. She is eating chicken and yogurt, and some small finger foods.  We have new words, ma ma (I love that!), ba ba (bottle) when she sees her bottle, Bubba (brother who we refer to as bubby), and tha (when she is excited and wants whatever we are showing her).  I am thinking we are going to have quite a little talker on our hands soon.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Most of the time we listen to county, but I have a Baby Einstein traveling tunes CD that I bought when she was younger and hated riding in the car. It worked pretty well.

Lately, when she gets fussy, she likes me to sing Old McDonald....I am starting to branch out into zoo animals because I swear there has to be more farm animals than I am singing about!

• I'm a mean mom and make my girls listen to NPR.  =)

Sometimes I flip to music (usually 97.3).  And for longer trips or if I'm feeling like a good mom, we listen to their CDs - particularly Elizabeth Mitchell and Putamaya CDs.

• I end up listening to whatever Aly (11) & Grace (almost 8) want to listen to.  Either the mp-3 player with current pop, Taylor Swift, or 101.9 / 107.1 lately.

I haven't listened to kids music in the car since Grace was a baby.  We used to have to listen to Veggie Tales CDs constantly so she wouldn't scream in her car seat.   Brady is much more laid back - he loves all kinds of music and waves his hands around & claps.   He cracks me up.

Alone I listen to 105.1, 101.9, 107.1 most often, but I have about 10 stations programmed in the car. 

• HEY! Rap and Hip Hop is decent music too!!!

I listen to my music when sophia is in the car, normally the wiz or kiss. If Morgan is in the car it is either kiss or 102 depending on if the music is clean and I can stand it. :) Otherwise I have cds.

Sophia is getting big. She gained 2 pounds under 2 months. I think it is because she is finally eating babyfood. It took almost that whole two months to convince her that babyfood was edible. :) She still isn't crawling, but is starting to scoot and throw herself all over the floor to get to the toys she wants. I think she is get frusterated enough to crawl pretty soon. :) We think she is teething finally too. We think we feel two nubs in her mouth and she has not been her normal friendly self.

• QOTW: Well right now baby listens to what I listen to normally! :) Kiss and 97.3 with a little 96.5 (I think is that the rock station with Gamble on in the morning) anyway, I have recently realized this may soon not be appropriate...I am thinking CDs and Warm 98 are in my future.

Update: Well I am 34 weeks almost and everything is still ok. I am AMAZED everyday that I am so far along. I am just so thankful. At my u/s last week the guestimated him at 4lbs 10 ounces, HOLY COW! I told him I don't care if he comes out 12 lbs, I just want him to stay in as long as possible. My twice weekly apts are really starting to get old BUT i do love knowing everything is ok in there and that we are keeping a close watch on him.  He tried to fail his NST last week but the Dr said we were ok. I have been having more and more braxton hicks so hopefully those stop b/c the dr was making a big deal out of them :(

Edit for random childhood memory after reading everyone else's: When my brother and I were young my dad would take us to the babysitter's in the morning. He always listed to WEBN, well I remember hearing the song "Janie's Got A Gun" By Arrrowsmith a lot ( I guess it was the time of day) and as I grew up, and listened to the song again I was quite shocked when I realized what it was about and that my dad let me listen to that! I know then I was too young to get it but still!!! YIKES, I will listen to Warm 98 and rock out to Children's tunes just b/c of that!

• QOTW: We mostly just listen to our regular music when we're in the car. Jack loves music and will keep his feet to the beat, it's really cute. We listen to Something Corporate and Jack's Mannequin a lot, and other artists like John Mayer, The Fray...we have a big library, so it's honestly a lot of different music. I like to sing to him:)

Jack is doing really well. He is talking a bunch more and is easier to understand. He loves to go outside so I can't wait for it to get warmer out. He is still transitioning to having Annabelle around and sometimes he loves her and sometimes he doesn't know what to think.

Annabelle is getting bigger everyday. She's my little piggy and likes to eat. I've got a nice little stash of BM in the freezer, so we're doing well with that! Her 1 month appt. will be sometime next week...I need to call and schedule it still:)

Photos taken by Becky Thompson
  • hey ladies!

We listen to mostly Jack's music in the car, if we don't he will ask for it over and over. It's usually Laurie Berner CD's, or the Jack Johnson CD so it's not too bad. I wil not however listen to Wiggles in MY car!

Alot of times we sing or count too.. or look at the cows and tractors and such.

Not too much new with Jackson, he's just hilarious. He's really into imaginary play right now and has entire conversations with his animals or pretending to talk o the phone. It makes me laugh everytime.

• Thanks for keeping me on the list since I only post occasionally!!  :)

QOTW Response:  We listen to R & B and Pop mostly, but will listen to dd's kiddie cd's when she requests it or if we have a new one!  She ALWAYS asks to listen to music and will sometimes say, "I dont like it, I want my music" when she wants to hear one of her cd's.  She is a music queen and LOVES music!

When it's just me, I listen to silence (nothing at all), NPR, R & B, and a couple of favorite hip hop cd's!!

Mom to three beautiful blessings: Sweetgirl, 1/07 and twins Big girl & Booka on 11/11 (their mama nicknames)
  • We don't have any kid's music CDs - I usually just listen to the radio in the car (I have tons of stations I switch between). I'll change it if a particularly obscene song comes on, but otherwise Piper doesn't really pay much attention to the lyrics and likes to dance to anything. She will also insist that anyone else in the car dance too, and will get very mad if they don't comply. I can only laugh at what those in the cars around me think of my dancing while driving. Piper also gets frustrated that Kady won't dance, but we're working on explaining to her that "sissy" is a baby who can't do everything that Piper can do.

The girls are great! I can't believe I have an almost 2 year old and an almost 6 month old! Having two just gets more and more fun as they get older. Kady finds Piper hysterical, and Piper loves her sis more than anything and just wants her to be by her and have her do everything she does. Kady is really close to being able to sit up unassisted, and Piper's newest thing is singing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" - she sings it over, and over, and over....

• I am a constant channel flipper in the car.  If I am driving our car with satellite radio I listen to that top 20 station or the 90's station.  In the other car I listen to mainly 97.3, 101.9 or 107.1, sometimes country or NPR.  Like I said I'm a flipper :)

Updates: Macy had her five month checkup and our little peanut is down to the 10th percentile in heighth (only 23 7/8th inches), but 50th percentile for weight (14lbs 9 oz).  So she's a compact little thing :)  We started avocado with her last week and then this week we are doing bananas.  She did well with the avocado, but I think she really likes the banana.  I've been mixing it with a little of that organic oatmeal cereal, because she won't eat them straight.  So far so good...we'll move on to sweet potatoes in a few days :)  She is turning into a huge roller!  We lay her down and minutes later she is totally across the room.  She also does this odd scootching thing where she puts her head down into the floor and pushes up with her butt to get around.  I'm thinking she's going to be crawling early.  She can sit unassisted for a little bit, then falls to one side or the other, so we have to be careful.  Other than that, she's still my smiley little sweetie :)

Mason Louise
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Just wanted to add myself...relatively new to the board.  I'm Mom to Noah born 10/10/08

My update:  Noah is having surgery in a week, and I'm starting to get really nervous.  He's got a hypospadias, so it's not a majorly difficult surgery, but it still scares me!  In good news...he's rolling all over the place, and just starting to sit up on his own.  And we are finally completely without the swaddle and he can fall asleep on his own!

• I wanted to add myself too. I'm mom to Cameron born 5/26/07.

QOTD- We have been listening to Laurie Berkner for the past year. We have 2 of her cds and ds loves them. I've gotten him to listen to more of what I listen to now. His current fav is Kanye:)

Update: We're planning's ds's 2nd bday which has been really fun. We're planning to go to Parky's farm in Winton Woods and then grill out in the park. Fun stuff!

• QOTW: I listen to the radio - usually Q102 - when we're in the car. Lily loves music and actually knows the words to a few of her favorites: 'Gives You Hell' (I know that sounds bad but she says, 'Could You Help?' LOL), 'Hands In the Ayer' and 'Poker Face'.  She's a diva in training, I'm tellin' ya!

Updates: We're all adjusting with the new baby very well.  She is a very good baby - really only crying when it's time to eat or be cuddled.  I'm so in love with her!

~Amanda
    Mom to Lily Gayle 4.25.06 Charlotte Kathleen 3.27.09 Samuel Thomas ~8.4.12~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • i'm a mommy and have 4 weeks 1 day experience with NICU.. 1 day experience at home so far. LOL audrey was born 3/3/09 at 31 weeks 6 days via c section after 2 days of failed induction due to preeclamsia. you can add me to the list too please!

i listen to all different radio stations in the car and also some cds.. zac brown band is great! no difference with the baby in the car so far.. but might change at a few years old when she is talking herself.. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"