Georgia Babies
Options

Saftey Items from Ikea

Anyone have any of these?

cabinet locks, baby gates,  finger gaurds

Do they work okay?   Just wanted to make sure before I purchased.  Thanks!

Re: Saftey Items from Ikea

• Options
    Ooooh, good question. I didn't even know Ikea had the cabinet locks. I wonder if the website says if they're certified by anyone...*skips off to look*
    Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We have the white metal baby gates and I must say they are the best we've ever found anywhere!  We've been using them for years for the dog and my brother had them for his kids.  They really are awesome.  They don't damage the walls, they are easy for adults to open but impossible for kids, and they are metal- which was necessary for our dog b/c she chewed/scratched through the wood and plastic ones!  Also, they are cheaper than the similar ones that BRU sells.  I think $39?

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Slwprincess, thank you so much!

I can't tell from the website but are they the walk-thru baby gates?

• Options
    Yes, they are walk through.  They are kind of hard to find at our IKEA, I used to know the bin number by heart b/c we bought so many of them (we have 4 and my parents have 2!)... I know they are on aisle 1, but can't remember the bin number.  Also, they sell extensions if your door openings are wide... my parents needed this for one of theirs. 

• Options
    Thank you so much!  My mom is in town and doing some Ikea shopping.  It says they are in stock so she might go pick some up for us.
  • Options
    I just wanted to agree with slwprincess, we bought these last year for our puppy since she chewed the wooden and plastic gates. They're better than the gate we bought at babiesrus for $90! I definitely plan to use them for DS once he's mobile, they're awesome.
    Derek 6.30.09 & Parker 4.1.11
    Family
  • Options
    We picked up a couple gates the other day and plan to install all the safety stuff this weekend.  Thanks for your help ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"