Infertility

**Rachael070707**

How is your cycle going?  We're on the same day or very close right?  CD 14...  I am using opk's this first cycle with clomid and I really thought I would get the Big Smile yesterday based on cm and temp but I didn't.  Hopefully soon though!!  How about you???
image ~1500mg Metformin~M/C: 7 weeks~9/3/2008~D&C 9/16/2008
Beta #1: 268 (16dpo) ~ Progesterone 54 ~ Beta #2: 541 (18dpo) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: **Rachael070707**

• Hey there! I was thinking about you today and I was going to page you too! I'm one day ahead of you, so CD15 for me. This morning my temp was definately lower than normal and when I swiped after FMU I had very slight spotting...but my OPK didn't give me two lines so I don't know. I *thought* I had some EWCM on Saturday and slight last night..and I know that Clomid can dry up CM so I'm just not sure anymore!!! lol. I had a 2 day headache last Thurs & Fri but since then no real signs or symptoms of it working.

How's your cycle going?

DX PCOS w/IR 01/08.
    Currently pg with our 1st after 6.5 yrs of IF (thank you IVF)

My IF/Everything Blog
    There's No Crying in Baseball
    ***My posts are always SAIFW**
  • I had those weird jolts in my ovary on the last day of Clomid, a few little hot flashes here and there, but that's about it.  I had a ton of ewcm on cd12 and 13 so I was really hoping that was it!  No smiley face today, so onto tomorrow!  There is just so much waiting.  It gets frustrating.  If it works then it's all worth it right???  And if it doesn't....it gets me a vag cam appointment during AF!  Yeah!   I'm waiting on pins and needles for that one.  grrrr...... 

I too was thinking today that I don't really have any signs of it working...I would almost feel better if I had constant headaches and night sweats.  Then I would know there was something going on down there!!!  Good Luck and let's compare in a few days.  :) 

I don't remember...is this your first clomid cycle?  Oh!  I wanted to tell you that your siggy pic is so funny!  I really hope no one saw the thong?!?!?!   Big Smile

Beta #1: 268 (16dpo) ~ Progesterone 54 ~ Beta #2: 541 (18dpo) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh yes, the thong was seen. Not by me thank g*d but it was seen. I laughed about and I still do. Every wedding has that one blitzed guest right?!? L.O.L.

Vag cams...yum! haha.  Yes the waiting is beyond terrible. I'm not the most patient person to begin with so it kills me. I think my first signs of EWCM was on CD12 too...so I really hope our bodies are getting their acts together! Good luck to you too!

I don't know if I told you but I'm actually living in WI right now..in Oshkosh, so not that far north of you. In a few months we might be bak home in Chicago but it just depends on DH's job.

TTYS!

DX PCOS w/IR 01/08.

My IF/Everything Blog
  • Ohhhh....she still probably hears about it from time to time. That's rough.  :) 

I agree...these bodies of ours better be getting ready for something.  It would suck to not even O.  Of course, I'm a little negative nellie over here... I was O'ing on my own before, it was just late and weak.  I'm ready for this little boost!  

How do you like O-town?  I have family from the Fox Valley area, so I'm pretty familiar with the area.  Not quite the metropolis you came from.  ;) It sounds like you are anxious to get back....I hope it works out for you.  It must be tough to go from Chicago to Oshkosh!  

I'm praying our little ovaries do their job in the next few days!!!  GL :)

• O-Town is ok. At first I hated it. We moved up and the job I had lined up fell through so I was unemployed for a while so I think that's why I hated it so much, haha. I had no friends around, just stayed at home all day with the dog and that was about it. Now that I've been working somewhere I enjoy, even with the furloughs we've been doing, I'm fairly happy doing what we're doing. We always knew that this wasn't a permanent move, but with the way the economy is, especially back home, if DH's company asks him to stay on after his contract expires, I'm fairly certain we will stay longer. But...if we got an opportunity to move back, or a few other places, we'd go in a heartbeat. :o) I do miss the city life though.

Ugh! I hate not knowing if it's working. My temp went up this morning so I'm still hoping. It's gotta make us O, dang it!

DX PCOS w/IR 01/08.

My IF/Everything Blog
  • How are your supposed to confirm O?  What does your doctor want you to do?  Temp? OPK? U/S?  It seems like there are so many different ways doctors go about monitoring.  It's hard to believe that there is not more consistency throughout this process.  Oh the things we learn!! 

My NP does not do u/s sounds first cycle, I'm just supposed to use opk.  I am temping because I wanted to..she really didn't want me to though. 

I could totally understand not liking the Fox Valley area.  It's just much more "small town".  I don't know if you guys are restaurant goers...but I know DH and I would miss all the options we have in the city.  Do you ever come down to Milwaukee for anything???  But you're right...the most important thing right now is HAVING a job.  Both dh and I are teachers, so we have fairly stable jobs.  But things are scary right now... 

• My dr basically said the same thing for the first cycle, just opk and temping. I have to go in for blood work in a 2 weeks again because when I was on Metformin, my liver enzymes went toxic, which doesn't happen to most on it but that's why I had to come off it. So she wants to make sure clomid doesn't do the same thing. Dh has an appointment tomorrow to get his SA rolling, i moved up his appointment bc my doc said we'd give Clomid 3 months and then send him for a SA but we'd both rather get it done sooner and have piece of mind. After 3 cycles of Clomid, if no BFP, then IUI. I don't know how many we can afford right away, bc we are OOP unfortunately.

Judging by the extra weight I have...yes we are both food lovers! That was one of the hardest things to get used to. We want "real" pizza and "real" mexican food, not mexican food with cheddar cheese, sorry that's not going to cut it! LOL

We come down to MLW for baseball games but that's been the extent of it so far. We keep saying that we are going to come down for something other than drving through it on our way to Chi.

You're both teachers? That's awesome. I went to school marketing and work in advertising...but whenever we figure out where we are going to be living, I'm going back to school to become a teacher. It's what i started out majoring in college but then I listened to waaaaay too many other outside influences and changed majors. I've regretted it ever since. What grade/subject do you teach?

DX PCOS w/IR 01/08.

My IF/Everything Blog
  • My NP wants to do dh's SA asap.  I was glad I didn't need to ask for it.  We're going to do it over spring break cause it will be a lot easier.  I just want to O soon so I don't have to worry about needing 3 days build up!  I feel so crazy talking about dh's sperm that way.  Like it's just this thing I have to keep track of.  Ugh!  The teacher I share a room with was saying today that I need to keep track of so many things..it's like another job.  I could not have agreed more. Well maybe a part time job.  But you do this on this day, that on that day.  Thank goodness for Post It's! 

Our plan is really based on what happens the cycle before.  She said that if I don't O in a timely manner this cycle (grrr. no Big Smile on opk just now) then she will do an Hcg trigger with an u/s next cycle.  She seems really proactive and I like that.  After our loss in Sept., we've been anxious to get pg. again.  It just seems after every hurdle we jump over, there is another right around the corner. 

We are soooo fortunate to have some IF coverage.  I can't get clear explainations as to what some things mean, but it's there when we need it.  Ugh...it just makes me sick that not everyone has coverage for this.  It's truly not fair.  People can smoke their way to lung cancer and receive coverage for treatments (as well they should), but women and men with IF issues that they have no control over get nothing.  Ahhh!

Teaching has been bitter sweet for me.  I teach special ed (middle school) and I think I'm getting a little burned out.  I have high functioning sp. ed.  The best way to explain it is that they all "look" normal, but they are significantly below grade level and most of my kids have some sort of attentional difficulty.  I re-focus kids all day looooooooong.  DH teaches German and History in a wealthy suburb.  Money comes with it's own problems though! (I'm in the city of Milwaukee)  

When you do decide to go back to school, there are a number of alternative certification programs for adults with their undergrad degree.  Make sure you check into that when exploring options!   I started with a Communications Degree and went though a program to become certified.

Ahhhh.....baseball!  I'm excited for the season to start.  Tailgating is one of our favorite things to do. :)  www.onmilwaukee.com is usually a pretty good site to find things to do around the city.  

Oh boy....I'm just rambling!  :)  talk to you later!  

~jenny 

• Yes I will be sure to check out the certification programs. I'm just trying to figure out where we are going to be living. DH is a senior designer/engineer and there are a lot of opportunities elsewhere right now, he just has to figure out where he really wants to go. We're both really leaning towards Texas. I hope it works out either way, going there, going home, getting knocked up somewhere along the way...haha ;o)

We love baseball, it's actually how we met, he was playing baseball in college and I was playing softball there. I was looking up some Brewers/Cubs and Brewers/ChiSox tix and i think we're going to get a few. You're more than welcome to join if you'd like. And if you want to (you don't have to, honest) you can email me at rachaels117 at aol.com if you want to talk off of here with a little more privacy.

DX PCOS w/IR 01/08.

My IF/Everything Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"