Washington Babies

which sleepsack to get??

with so many options, which sleepsack is best to get?  also how many does the baby need of each size?  thanks in advance!

miracle blanket

kiddopotamus swaddle me

halo sleepsack

ultimate receiving blanket

Re: which sleepsack to get??

• We have one kiddopotamus swaddle me, that we wash every other day.  I wish we had three as all that washing is starting to make it ragged.

I really love the swaddle me blanket.

• sleep sacks are different than swaddling blankets.  Swaddling blankets wrap them up real tight.  The sleep sack is like a dress that's sewn up at the bottom.  Like a wearable loose blanket.

I personally loved teh ultimate receiving blanket for swaddling.  Ben never liked his arms swaddled in, so those fancy swadddle blankets wouldnt' work for us at all.    Plus, I still use the Ultimate blankets now as Ben's blanket on him in his crib - he's 2, so he sleeps with a blanket and pillow like a regular person.  :)

• Loading the player...
  • We used large swaddle blankets that I bought off Etsy from MamaV2.0, then I got some even bigger ones by Swaddle Designs and now we use a mix of Carters and Halo sleep sacks. We swaddled until she started breaking out of it.
  • We didn't swaddle since DD didn't like her hands and arms confined.  We started with the sleep sack once she was in her crib (@ 6 months we switched from bassinette in our room to her crib) and she wasn't staying in one place anymore. 

I loved the Halo sleepsacks and we still use them to this day.  I think wwe started out with Medium (they go by weight of child) and I think we had 2 or 3 in that size, but some wer differetn weights of material.  I like the fleece best.   We only have 1 of the large size that we use now and she wears it every night!  It only gets washed about every 2 weeks or so.  It does not get dirty though.  :)  I REALLY need to get 1 more though. Having only 1 is kind of a pain.  They go on sale quite frequently at BRU for buy 1 get 1 1/2 price.

As long as she moves around in bed, I'll continue putting a sleepsack on her!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Here's another option to consider: the Grobag.  They are occasionally on Mama Bargains web site for less than $20.  They have different weights for diff temps.

• imageSeattle_JiLLn:

sleep sacks are different than swaddling blankets.  Swaddling blankets wrap them up real tight.  The sleep sack is like a dress that's sewn up at the bottom.  Like a wearable loose blanket.

Ditto this, and we couldnt live without our swaddleme blankets!  Ds is such a flailer that when he isnt swaddled he spends 8 hours every night punching himself in the face...  =P We have 3 of the fleece swaddlemes and we just bought a cotton one becaue he was starting to get too hot at night in the fleece ones. 

• I also like the Swaddle Me since it is easy to use.  My dd hits her face all the time when she isn't in one and I love the fleece ones to keep her warm.
  • I found that three got us through.  We used fleece and valboa halo ones in the fall, winter and early spring, and the lighter cotton ones in the summer.  DD stopped using hers just a month or so ago - she started to get upset when we put her in it, so now she's just in pjs with blankets.

The halo sleepsack for newborns has a swaddle component.  It has "wings" that attach with velcro that wrap around the baby's arms.  We swaddled for maybe 6 weeks or so, then DD was already working out of it.  I figured if she was sleeping and comforting herself fine without the swaddle, then there was no need to continue.

We used the kiddopotamus swaddlers for about 3 weeks after she was born.  They're pretty easy to wriggle out of or they fall off.  We used them during the day, too.  It was good to have 3-4 of them, but we used them for such a short time I'm not sure it's worth the investment to buy them new.

babysteals.com has halo sleep sacks fairly frequently for $12.  I recommend you sign up for their emails and then pounce on the deal first thing in the morning - they're usually sold out by 10 or so.

After three years TTC, four IUI's plus 2 cancelled, MFI (morph, motility, count), maternal age (40 as of 5/12) & former endo, we're moving to IVF spring 2012 (good/avg AMH and FSH). We did beat the odds once, however. DD born after 2 years TTC with clomid and no monitoring at my age 35. Doctors are SHOCKED we were able to conceive. Here's hoping for another miracle.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"