2nd Trimester
Options

With paragraphs! Im at the point of kicking everyone out of the delivery!!!!!

Okay so I am planning to try to do a natural birth, this is my first baby, a water birth. And I am so frustrated at tryin to explain why I want to do it naturally, and everyones reaction like its a joke!!!! Ugh!! I am not one of those girls that is totally against drugs I just want to do it natural the way god intended, and to be lucid when my baby arrives. All that said I am about to strangle my mother and mother in law!

My m-i-l is pretty young and has young children, 2 of hers were druged vanginal births and one emergency c section. She constantly complains about the c section, and I am overwhelmed with negative engery from her birthing experience.

Now my mother is quite a bit older, and she feels the need to tell everyone that she thinks I will be screaming for my mommy when the pain hits. Regardless of past conversations where I have said that it bothers me and hurts my feelings that she tell ppl that bc it makes me feel like she has no faith in me, and it makes me feel unsupported but she continues to tell ppl that. and every convo we have about it starts a huge fight and she vendictively says "fine I just wont talk about ur pregnancy" or "what im not entitled to my oppions" and Im like you are if we were talking about potato chips!!!!! But HELLO! Im tellling you that its upsetting me and hurts my feels and you continue to do it! And I asked what do you get out of doing it?! Do you like upsetting me? Or causing friction betweeen us? And of course I got no answer!

And as far as the m-i-l I havent even addressed it yet, I dont even no how, she is very pushy and bitchy when you dont agree with her or dont do what she wants. I dont mean to give you a horrible picture of her we were pretty close but since the pregnancy she has pushed me away with her know it all additude, when Im worried about something she be like just stop youll be fine you stress too much, instead of letting me vent. or if I read an article about parenting or breastfeeding ect.. "your reading too much you cant believe all of that" I wanna be like "its what to expect when expecting what part is false??!" Its like her way is the only real way! And let me tell you she isnt mother of the year. She definetly not a bad mom either. 

Im just ovwhelmed and angry and both of these women are supose to be in the delivery room, and Im really upset that I dont feel like they are supporting me and I feel like they think Im a joke, I really dont know what to do! I wanna scream fine you wanna be like this I dont want you in the room! But i dont wanna ruin our relationships but i feel like they arent listening! 

Re: With paragraphs! Im at the point of kicking everyone out of the delivery!!!!!

• Options
    I'm really sorry, but I couldn't read your post. You need to use paragraphs.
  • Options

I tried for a natural birth and after the first 3 days I kicked EVERYONE out...my exact words were "Everyone needs to get the out". Sad thing was that they actually were civil and trying to help and being understanding. Sadly, day 5 ended in an emergency c-section but at least they all understood.

I understand where your coming from, hope it all works out

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    sam19sam19 member
    Yea I stopped reading after the first two lines. If people aren't supporting you then you don't need them around you especialy during such a difficult process like labor. (this is my advice from what I read)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker NATALIE - 9/13/09 HANNAH - 6/8/12
  • Options

imageNewLerma:
    I'm really sorry, but I couldn't read your post. You need to use paragraphs.

Ditto. I'll admit I am too lazy to read it if it is not in paragraphs.

• Options

Wow... kind of hard to get through!

Okay, 1st of all...why in the world do you want them in the delivery room with you??? This should be just between you and your DH, especially because no one is supporting you in how you would like your birth experience to go.

And kudos for having a birth plan... but just remember it is just that. A PLAN. Some plan on an epidural.. and go so quick it's not possible to get one. And some plan on natural.. and need a c-section. So really, if your Mom and MIL are not listening/supporting what you would like to have happen I say don't invite them in.

GL

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Sorry you have to deal with all this crap... my POV is that if you weren't in the room when the baby went in, you won't be in there when the baby comes out! Hope things get better and you figure something out.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Dont let them in. Simple :)
  • Options

I skipped over the part that said "how God intended" because....well that's not a debate I'm ready to have now....but it bothers me.

Anyhow, why would you even want them in there?  I understand it can be frustrating, but you have to be strong enough in your own decisions to not let them affect you.  Yes, they should have more support for you.....but it's obvious they aren't going to.  So at this point you need to draw a line in the sand.  The way you choose to birth your child is only the business of you, your husband and your dr/midwife.  No one else really should have any say or complain about it.

There are plenty of people that support natural labor, you need to surround yourself with those people, and let everyone else have whatever opinions they are going to have about what you can and cannot handle.

• Options
    You know what, I can totally get how you are feeling. I'd feel the same way. In fact, I'm still toying with the idea of doing it naturally myself and have anready decided that if I do go that way, I will not be telling anyone I am because I don't need to be hearing their thoughts. I'm right there with you and feel like it's our decision, it's our body and we know it will hurt and all that, but we know it's possible to do! As far as them being in the room, if I were you, I would tell them that if they can't get over it and start showing support in your decision without saying ANY kind of negativity, then they won't be in the room. My husband and I are having our first child too, and we have decided that only he an I will be in the room. No one else needs to be in there during that process because it's a special moment for me and my husband that will can never get back. A first child's birth is something you'll always remember. He and I want to do it on our own and then share with the rest of the family when all the craziness is past. They're there to meet the baby after all! I hope things get better for you and more power to you for choosing to go natural.
  • Options

imageRubyRed1085:
    Sorry you have to deal with all this crap... my POV is that if you weren't in the room when the baby went in, you won't be in there when the baby comes out! Hope things get better and you figure something out.

Ha ha, I liked how you put that. "If you weren't in the room when the baby went in, you won't be in the room when the baby comes out"! LOVE IT!

• Options
    thanks guys for all the advice I love being able to blog and vent! And I also love everyones very honest oppions! You have helped a lot!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"