Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Recommend alternatives to BG3.0 and Rumparooz

As DS is getting better about sleeping longer (one or at most 2 changes in 12 hours),  I've switched from my standby prefolds plus covers to using only our 2 BG3.0s at night.  This is working pretty well, though I can't believe how he's even soaking the thicker BG liner twice a night. 

I have some several year old fuzzibuns from a friend, but they tend to leak out DS's legs, fine for naps during the day but don't make it for the half or full night that we need.

I've got three rumparooz on their way to me, I'm intrigued by the extra gusset.  I'll see how I like them.

I'm thinking that to avoid going back to almost daily laundry I'm gonna need mroe than 5 dipes that can make it most of the night. I'd love to stick with one size if I'm going to pay BG/Rooz $$ for them.

What are my other choices? 

I'm a little wary of wool soakers given I have a nasty wool allergy (just hives, but are hives really ever "just"?)  I used to think maybe it was the chemicals much wool is processed with, but even pretty darn unprocessed wool out on the jailoo in Kyrgyzstan make me itch like crazy.  But, if I did go that way, do wool soakers keep a kiddo dry out in public, or is it just something to be breathable at home where you might now worry about him soaking through. I think the word "soakers" is what gets me, I picture pee soaked wool. 

Thanks you all in advance!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Recommend alternatives to BG3.0 and Rumparooz

• Options
    I LOVE my rumparooz, I don't think you will be disappointed with those. For nights we use either a bb or a wonderoo stuffed with a lg mf insert and a foo foo hemp folded into thirds. Thus far it is working great!
  • Options

Hey A-L, sorry to be dense, but bb?  Also I will look up wonderoos.  And where do you get foo foo hemp inserts?  Thanks!

ETA: The wonderoos look really good. Do you know anywhere here in Denver we can get them, or do you order them from somewhere in particular?  I always prefer to do busines with people I "know" (I've gotten most of my dipes from Lillian and getting the rumparooz locally from our sweet beginnings).

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Sorry, bb is blueberry. DD is sleeping on one of my arms so I am one-handing it ;P I got my bb's from LC, as well as the wonderoos. I don't know of anyone that is still local that carries any swaddlebees at all.?

BTW, I got my RARz from OSB, too!?

• Options
    Ok, DD is in her crib now! I just wanted to add that I like the wonderoos for night time because you can really stuff them full. I don't like them for daytime because they get a bit bulky.?
  • Options

Cool, well, I just talked the H into a really cute bb one with circles.  Then I showed him the wonderoos and he thought we should just get three total brands for now, which means bg, rr, and would be the bbs.

Would you rec the wrs over the bbs for my original post?  Then I can either go behind his back (mwahaha) and get the fourth brand or actually wait a month or two like he asked :(.

Cool about OSB and md.com :)

• Options

Nah, I think bbs are better. They are more versatile, as they are trimmer. Plus, the insert that comes with them is two layers of hemp and a layer of mf, so it is super absorbent.

Technically, though, they are both made by the same brand, Swadlebees. SO, if you got both, you wouldn't really be lying to your H ;P

BTW, is this the diaper you are getting, but in blue?:

If so, that is one of my favorite diapers :) 

• Options

Cool, thanks! Esp about the both same brand thing, And yup, that diaper, in blue.

Thanks so much. One more -- where to get plain hemp inserts?

Thanks!

• Options
    imagechoirgirl:

Cool, thanks! Esp about the both same brand thing, And yup, that diaper, in blue.

Thanks so much. One more -- where to get plain hemp inserts?

Thanks!

Definitely get plain hemp inserts from Glad. Our Foo Foo hemp inserts are our best inserts! www.artsyfartsyfoofoo.etsy.com.

?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"