Baby Names

It's A Girl...

We like a few ... Charlee, Presley, Aspen, Chapel (yes like church chapel)... we like lots of others to but we are completely open to suggestions... we dont want anything too common, we tend to like names less heard.... any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: It's A Girl...

• I think Charlee is really cute and was considering using it in honor of my grandfather, Charles, if we'd had a girl.
  • I love Charlee! I would use it but it's my cats name and my BFF's ex husband. That could get a little weird :)

I actually know a few Presleys! It seems popular in my area lately.

• Loading the player...
  • I like Charlee and Presley.
  • Aspen's lovely, too.

EDD: 03/01/13;  DD: 10/26/13

Mourning the loss of Amarine Stella, born at 21 weeks, 6 days.
    We will always love you, our little angel.
  • imageMadameFancyPants:
    I like Charlee and Presley.

My favs too, really love Presley

• Ugh, don't get me started. All of those names are ridiculous. Please read freakonomics.
  • I like charlee best.
  • imageleah1615:
    Ugh, don't get me started. All of those names are ridiculous. Please read freakonomics.

This.

• I wouldn't recommend using Presley if you're going for a name that's less common.  I think it's becoming really popular (I know of at least two people who recently named their daughters Presley).
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • I like Charlee/Charlie/Charly  if it is a nn for Charlotte.

How about:

Hadley, Brinley, Amery, Allegra, Anissa, Sadie, Delia, Cecily, Colette, Anya, Maisie, Marcella, Phoebe, Ailish, Miranda, Marielle,Ramona

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I don't mind Aspen and I like Charlie when its spelled correctly. 

Presley has become more popular in my area lately, too.

• imageleah1615:
    Ugh, don't get me started. All of those names are ridiculous. Please read freakonomics.

This.

Blank!
  • I like Charlee of your choices listed. It's kind of cute.?
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers imageimageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Chapel?  Really??Ick!  At least go with Cathedral, so she can have people call her Cathy.
  • I like them all! and you should pick whatever you like....people start to put things in your head and second guess yourself. I mean really movie stars name their kids way crazier names like apple and sunday rose, Rumer and ***! them! Chapel is very original and people that are original get noticed and are less likely to be forgotten.
  • I think you should go with Charleigh or Charlyy.
    So it goes.
  • I agree that a more formal name for Charlee would be appropriate. I know several girls (pre-k through high school) named Aspen, and I think it's refreshing and sweet, kind of a newer version of Willow.

I am oddly intrigued by Chapel. Really, none of your names are the kind my husband and I are drawn to. We like classic Italian-American and German names, and draw from family. There was something about Chapel that really resonated with both of us when I read him your post. Very, very pretty.

• As many here know I worked in HR and I hire people now even so I can tell you please keep in mind nick-name sounding names never look good on a resume; thus making it harder for your future child to move up the career ladder.  Odd names also can make it difficult 

Out of your list I like Charlee, only if you name her Charlene (b/c of the resume issue) and use Charlee as a nickname.  I like Aspen as a middle name but I dunno about a first name.  The others are NMS. 

Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • imageKateAggie:
    Chapel?  Really??Ick!  At least go with Cathedral, so she can have people call her Cathy.

Love it.

• Yes, people remember original names. No one will forget your child if you name her Chapel.

But thats not necessarily a good thing. I mean, no one will forget that poor kid who is named Ayran Nation, either.

• temple? i know a beautiful girl with that name.
  • For the love of god do not name your kid Chapel. That's just torture.
  • imageItaliannvegas:
    Chapel is very original and people that are original get noticed and are less likely to be forgotten.
    Yes, but they remember "Oh yeah, that was the girl with the crazy name whose mom apparently didn't graduate from high school." It's not a good thing if you're being noticed and remembered for something negative.

Life is hard enough - why would you want to make it even harder for your child??? 

"I
  • imageIrishBrideND:

Yes, people remember original names. No one will forget your child if you name her Chapel.

But thats not necessarily a good thing. I mean, no one will forget that poor kid who is named Ayran Nation, either.

lol exactly.
    "I
  • Not really a fan of any of those names. Two sound too masculine. The other two sound like words, not names.
  • You are just setting your kid up to be made fun of

Peyton Olivia Hope Born at 34 weeks weighing 7 lbs & measuring 18.5 inches Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"