Infertility

*~*~*~*LBR and AXL*~*~*~*

Hi girls!

I just want to make sure I'm doing this right... so the ER was on Sunday, and on Monday they had me add PIO and a z-pack.  I continue with lupron, asprin and estrace (vaginal).  Does that sound correct? 

I know you take your last lupron dose the day before ER, so my last lupron will be Thursday, but when do the other things stop??

Re: *~*~*~*LBR and AXL*~*~*~*

• epphdepphd member

Hey lady,

My protocol is a bit different than yours but I thought I would throw it out there anyway.

My last lupron is the day of trigger (tonight!!).  I start PIO the morning after trigger, tomorrow, (1mL) and start antibiotics too. I also take 1mL PIO the morning of retrieval.  Then, the after retrieval, I go up to 2mL PIO.  I keep taking 2mL PIO daily and vivelle the entire 2ww.

I think each clinic does things slightly differently, so be sure to ask your clinic for detailed instructions of when to start and stop things.

GL GL GL!

I am a runner, knitter, scientist, DE-IVF veteran, and stage III colon cancer survivor.
  • Thanks epphd!  You're right, our protocols are slightly different.  I'm not going to lie... I'm a little jealous that you get to stop lupron tonight!!!  Lucky!  I'm so done with it! But, I have 3 more, counting tonight, so I'm almost done with it! 

I know I'm doing things correctly, but I always end up 2nd guessing myself when I'm the one taking notes and they didn't give me a sheet. But I'm so anal I know that I'm doing everything correctly.  Sigh. 

I'm so excited that your donor is triggering tonight!!! Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Loading the player...
  • I also stopped my lupron the day of trigger and started my PIO that night.  I'm only on 1 unit, but, my clinic checks your progesterone mid-wait (mine is tomorrow), so they can adjust if they need to.  Cornell didn't and it made me very uncomfortable.  I also dropped my estradiol down on trigger day and started my antibiotic.  I can't remember which day I started medrol, but, I think it was the day of retrieval.

It's so interesting to me how different each clinic can be!

• So sorry for my delay in posting - my internet access was sketchy at best while in the hotel.

But my protocol was different as well - my last shot of lupron was on a Sunday, we went in on Monday for a lining check and told the RE that I was running out of lupron - he said not to worry about it I was suppressed enough - my donor triggered on Tuesday and ER was on Thursday.  I was on a higher dose of lupron though (started at 20 and dropped to 10).  I started PIO (1ml) on the night of the ER.  Starting the next day it was upped to 2ml a day.  I've kept my estradiol at the same level since a week before ER.

Wouldn't it be nice if there was one protocol that worked for everyone!?!?!?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"