Dallas-Fort Worth Babies
Options

potty training advice - 2 year old girl

My 28 month old daughter is just not at all seeming interested in the potty. Do I wait until she seems to understand better or push the issue?  Any good book recommendations, etc.?  I'm clueless on how and when to handle this. 

Re: potty training advice - 2 year old girl

• Options

Sorry, no advice :(

But, good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I would wait until she shows interest.  Pushing the issue will likely backfire. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageErinMTaylor:
    I would wait until she shows interest.  Pushing the issue will likely backfire. 

Totally agree.

Shelby is 7, Coleman is 5!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    DITTO PP.... take it from someone who learned the hard way, don't push, it only delays them.
  • Options
    t&dmt&dm member
    I didn't push the issue and waited until my daughter was ready.  She was almost 3 and the best time to potty train is over the summer.  Put her in little summer dresses so that it's easier to pull up and down her brand-new big girl panties that you let her pick out.  Mini M 'n Ms are the best treat.  1 for pee, 2 for poo.  Make the whole experience fun and exciting!  Don't buy the trainig potty, just get the ones that go on top of the regular potty and get one that has her favorite character on it.  If you get the training potty then you have the extra step of getting her to try the big, scary potty after she is used to the tiny potty on the floor- and it's so gross to clean those things out.  Hope that helps, I remember how frustrating it can be but when she is ready, she will do it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"