1st Trimester

How soon did you buy new bras?

I'm only 6 wks, so I feel like a weirdo for looking at maternity bras already, but my boobs are already about to come out the bottom of my sports bra! (that I bought about 3 weeks before getting pg, urg)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How soon did you buy new bras?

• I'm 6 weeks and I had to buy 2 sports bras about a week and a half ago because I was already so swollen that I couldn't fit into my regular bras... and I'm still growing!!!

I'm gonna be HUGE before this baby is born!!

Me: 37
    DH: 36
    Married: 08-25-07
    DS: 11-20-09

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Name change alert: Formerly Lisswastaken

• Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of. I'm already a DD. Heck, I can't even see my bloat over the boobs!

• Loading the player...
  • I bought new ones around 6 weeks with my first. I just bought a bigger size though, not maternity
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • So far I've gone up about 1.5 sizes so I had to get some new bras.  I just ran to Target and picked up a few that didn't break the bank.  I'll probably have to get a few more before the end.
    BFP #1 (DS, 10/98), BFP #2 (DD, 10/09)
    BFP #3 -mm/c @ 7wks, discovered at 9wks, D&C 9/28
    BFP #4 5/29 EDD 2/9 - please be our rainbow
    imageimage
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I have needed two different size bras already.  I am on the verge of needing a new one, already. 

I am buying normal bras, though.  I am a DD now and I need lots of support and structure these days.

Anna Kate 10.17.2009 Alexander 6.10.2011 Baby Girl 6.2014
  • I've been considering going to go buy some new ones- these ones are gettin too tight and stretched out!!
  • I bought a new one this past Sunday. I only bought one, because I figure that I'm not even 8 weeks, and I have grown a full cup size, how many more times will I need a new one before the baby is born?
  • I'm double teaming it.  A very supportive VS bra with a tank that has a built in bra.  Thinking about sports bras or something like that for sleeping.  I swear I've grown from DD to DDD in the little time I've been pg.  And they HURT when I take off my bra at night.
  • I was a 34B pre-pregnancy, and at 5w5d I tried to get one of my bras on and it literally ripped. I went to the store and bought two 38Cs. They have been fine until now... I think I need a D. *sigh* :)
    Married to Patrick - 8.9.08 Mom to Lennon - 9.1.09 Expecting #2 - 5.20.12
  • About 6 weeks PG I had to buy new bras

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
    Shawn and Larissa
    LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
    LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I went on Saturday.  They were on sale.  I'm up a cup size and I hate it. 

DH says that he wishes he could agree with me.  Men. :::eye roll:::

• I believe I bought a size up in my bras around the same time that you are now.....you are not crazy! I ordered mine from target b/c I didn't want to spend a fortune. But....I still have yet to use them and it has been 4 weeks since I bought them. My boobs went down a little after the 7th week.
  • vspekvspek member

At about 5 weeks I grew a size and went to the store and got one bra a size bigger and another one maternity bra 1.5 sizes bigger, the women talked me into getting ?that one because I would still be growing. I was already a 34D, so I got one 34DD and one (maternity) 36E. The maternity one is still a little big, but the regular one is fine. I also bought one that I can sleep in because otherwise they hurt.?

One thing that I've noticed is that they are not growing as fast now as they were at the beginning. ?

Pregnancy%20ticker
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I went and bought 2 new bras Saturday but just because they were on sale and super cute.  I was a 38C before I got pregnant and 14+ wks in I'm still a 38C...

My conclusion: it's different for everyone, just like the rest of pregnancy...

• i got my first maternity bra at 6 weeks... and now i'm just using sports  bras
  • I think I'm going to go shopping this weekend for a new bra. I don't know if they are actually up a size, but they are beautifully full :)
  • ENevENev member
    I had to buy new bras around 8 weeks. I went up a whole cup size!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am a 34DDD and I have the dreaded quad boob. I just bought 2 34Fs (at almost 8 weeks). Hopefully they will last a little while!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"