Working Moms
Options

Advice needed going back to work soon

I go back to work in two weeks.  I My first day back is  a Wed. so it will be a shorter week.  I am going to start my DD in daycare that Monday for a few hours each day so her first day is not so long.  Any other advice on how I can have a good transition?  TIA!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Advice needed going back to work soon

• Options

KK, I haven't even had my babies yet but my daycare facility recommended bringing them in a few times and staying there with them but still allowing them to get used to the environment - i.e. napping in their new cribs, having other people feed them, noise level etc.

I have the girls signed up to start in July but I will still be on leave for at least half of that so will use that time to try to get them adjusted.

Good Luck!!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 4/9/09 - Chloe, our angel twin Lilypie First Birthday tickers>
  • Options

You've got a good plan with a drop-in on Monday Tuesday and a short work week.  That's all I did. 

DS had a bit of a rough time the first week, and would not nap, so his teachers recommended that I bring in a shirt I wore because that seemed to comfort babies.  So the second week, I took a PJ shirt I wore a couple of nights, and they let him hold it and sleep with it, and it really helped.  So, that would be my only suggestion, just in case she has a bit of trouble.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"