Northern California Babies
Options

Silly vent, should my feelings be hurt?

OK so I said to someone that I found a place I thought they would love to have lunch and that I'd like to take them there my treat.  We agreed to check our schedules and get back with a day that worked.  A couple days go by and I see a facebook update that says, "Went to such and such place and the food wasn't that great."  This of course was the same exact lunch spot I had suggested!

Am I being sensitive here? First because we agreed to set a date (never heard back) and then they went anyway.  And then to trash the place on a facebook update?  Not the first time something similar has happened but I'm wondering if this person is being passively aggro or if I'm being hormonal?

Re: Silly vent, should my feelings be hurt?

• Options
    They probably didn't mean it that way (at least I hope not), but I'd be slightly miffed too. I hate it when people do insensitive things like that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Without knowing said person, it's hard to tell if they are breng p-a.  I think it's a little odd they went to the place you wanted to take him/her and then said it was bad in a forum were you could read it.  I really don't understand why they would do that...unless they don't think of those kind of things.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hmm... :-/ I'd probably be a little miffed, too. I would guess that either:

A) They're totally dense.

or 

B) They were trying to make some kind of point. 

I'd lean toward A) being more likely, but it's hard to know w/o knowing the person.

• Options

I'd be annoyed. ?Actually it reminds me of times when I'd suggest the restaurant or the movie (someplace I really wanted to go or something I wanted to see) to DH and he said afterwards that he didn't like it. ?He has no idea why that bugs me.

The fact that he/she also just went without you would also bug me. ?That said, I'm guessing dense/clueless rather than p/a.

?

• Options
    I'd be a little hurt by that as well. You could be passive right back and comment something like "bummer, I had been wanting to try that place" (you jackass). Maybe don't include that last part :-)
    imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Eeek. Depending on the person I would definitely be a little pissed.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yeah, I'd be a little put off by it. Like others said, how upset I felt would depend on the person. For the most part, I say let it go and move on. Call another friend, take them to lunch and enjoy :)
    Life is a roller coaster, enjoy it!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lighthouse State Beach, Santa Cruz.

• Options
    That stinks! I'd totally be annoyed. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"