High-Risk Pregnancy

May I join?? (kind of long)

I've been looking through these boards for the past few weeks but never left a message but I am hoping maybe I can get some insight if anyone has had the same issue and their outcome.

I am 25w2d now and on Thursday I had alot of bleeding with no pain out of the blue. I had been having a perfectly normal pregnancy until this. They kept me overnight, the bleeding subsided, gave me steroids shots for my baby's lungs, and sent me home on Friday night on complete bedrest. I was fine until Sunday morning when I woke and threw a huge orange sized clot and continued to bleed, went back to L&D where they monitored me for 12 hours and sent me home again on bedrest. This entire time my baby has been doing great, no dips in HR and moving and shaking all the time. I went the MD yesterday and he placed me on modified bedrest (I can do steps to the bathroom and shower). They said that I am having a marginal placental abruption and that I can begin to bleed at any time. I have none of the risk factors and have been feeling fine otherwise. Any insight? I am hoping they keep me on bedrest because I am so scared to do anything for fear I am going to bleed or go into labor and it is too soon for me to have my baby.

Re: May I join?? (kind of long)

• Welcome! ?Sorry you have to join us, but this is a great group of supportive women. ?

I don't have any advice, except to say even if your doctors release you from bed rest at some point, it's up to you if you want to continue it! ?

• Welcome to the boards.  I am so sorry you're going through this.  I know how scary it must be to have bleeding.  Just listen to your doctors, do what they say and be careful to stay on bed rest.  If they take you off before you feel comfortable, you don't have to do it.  You can always stay on bed rest until you feel better.

I will be praying for you and your family!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"