High-Risk Pregnancy

XP: 23.5 Week Update

Hi All,

On behalf of a now sleeping Celine, just wanted to update you on life at 23+ but not quite 24 weeks. 

We saw the doctor on Monday to follow-up the shortening cervix problem of last week.  Unfortunately, at this visit we found that the cervix was 3 cm dilated, one baby was very low, and had moderately less amniotic fluid than s/he had the week before.  Celine was admitted that afternoon.

They did an amniocentesis that evening to rule out infection, and the results were suggestive, but not positive.  Still awaiting the results of a few more cultures, but the docs think infection is unlikely. 

So Celine will remain in hospital from now until the babies are born.  When that will be, we are not sure.  Could be any time between now and 12 weeks from now.  She's had 2 steroid shots, which will help the babies' lungs mature should they decide to come within the next week or so. 

But there's not much more that can be done except wait and pray.  We thank you all for your continued support, good thoughts, positive vibes, and prayers.

Take care,

Russ and Celine++

Re: XP: 23.5 Week Update

• We wish you all the best of luck and hope the babies can stay in as long as possible.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It is good that the docs are being so proactive.  From what I know, the steroid shots work wonders.  Many, many prayers for you guys!
  • Loading the player...
  • Best of luck to you guys....lots of prayers and positive thoughts coming your way.  Lots of continued baby baking dust coming your way. 
  • We'll be praying for good news!  If it helps anything, I had a shortened cervix (even after a cerclage was put in) and was admitted to the hospital at 23 weeks.  I got the steroid shots as well.  By 24 weeks, things had improved so much that they sent me back home to continue my bed rest at home.  Now I have made it to 34 weeks.

Keep hope, keep praying, and we will all be hoping for the best.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"