Dallas-Fort Worth Babies

Our sitter is bailing out on us....sigh.

We had a good friend offer to watch DS for us when I went back to work - 2 weeks ago.  She's a nurse and she and her husband have 2 teenagers.  It was a perfect scenario for DH and i anyway.  I guess they forgot what it's like to take care of an infant.  When I picked up DS tonight after work, her husband basically said it's more work than they expected and that it's taking away from their family time.......I don't blame them for not wanting to do it anymore.  But now we're in such a bind.  Sigh.  I sooo wish we could afford for one of us to stay at home.  I wish we had family near by. Finding infant care in the evenings has been so much more difficult than regular daycare. Ugh...I guess I'm just babbling now.  Sorry for the vent.

Re: Our sitter is bailing out on us....sigh.

• That stinks.  What part of the metroplex do you live in?  I know a college girl that is looking for a nanny position (not live-in).
  • Check your PMs :o)
  • Loading the player...
  • We're in Frisco.  I work in Grapevine, DH works in Richardson. 
  • Do you want me to e-mail her and see if that is too far away or are you wanting a different solution??  I know Molli will be leaving for college in the fall, but maybe she can help you during the transition.  I don't know what her college schedule is for classes this semester...
  • imageKim&Jim:
    Do you want me to e-mail her and see if that is too far away or are you wanting a different solution??  I know Molli will be leaving for college in the fall, but maybe she can help you during the transition.  I don't know what her college schedule is for classes this semester...

Thank you for the suggestion.  I really appreciate it.  If she were in for it long term, I'd say yes.  However, I think we can fill in time for a little bit, and if we don't find something permanent, we're going to fly our niece out here from CA for June-August to live with us and babysit while we're at work. We've been weighing all of our options all night/morning long.  I'm so stressed and tired.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"