Parenting after a Loss

Storing BM ?

I'm beginning to create my freezer stash and am trying to come up with space saving way to store the frozen BM.  Any ideas would be appreciated...TIA!!

Re: Storing BM ?

• https://greenlitebites.com/BreastMilk/

There's a way to use gift bags.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I just freeze the bags flat and use the first years milk organizer from target. It works great with my lansinoh bags!
  • Loading the player...
  • I freeze the lasinoh (Prefer them over the medela ones) flat.  Then I put them in a gallon Ziplock bag.  I don't label the ziplock bag because I reuse them.  ( you can easily see about the date range in the bag though by just looking at the BM bags).  I have 3 Gallon Ziplock bags that I rotate through. 
  • I do the same as sdkrlm, except I do label the bags.  But I am a freak about organizing things and doing things in order, so I have to keep the oldest stuff to the front of the freezer, rotate my stock, etc...

I freeze them flat and then store them 10 Lansinoh bags to one gallon freezer bag.  Right now I have almost 500 ounces of frozen milk in my freezer, so there is really no way to cut down on the space that I use--it will pretty much take over my freezer until I stop breastfeeding.  DH is thrilled, I'm sure.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"