South Florida Babies

what were you doing this time around last year?

(i stole this from another board, but i thought it would be a fun poll since most of us were either in labor or preparing for labor)

this time around last year, i was 36 weeks pregnant, preparing my hospital bags, making sure the nursery was ready, sleeping in on weekends until 12 noon, waddling, was in the nesting-mode, eating non-stop, and was as big as a house. i also remember getting those weird "zap" pains down there and thinking "is this a contraction, will my water break tonight"...i remember sending my poor dh on 2am donut runs to dunkin donuts...lol

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: what were you doing this time around last year?

• This day last year I was already on day 5 of contractions 3-5 minutes apart!! I was 37 weeks today, finally full term and praying my water would just freakin break already to end the misery!! Fortunately it did, and tomorrow is my baby's birthday!!!
  • This time last year I had started taking Mikey to PT twice a week for his "mild" torticollis, who would have thought that we'd still be there a year later!
  • Loading the player...
  • I was about 5 weeks pregnant and soo excited. Our other house we were living in at the time is pretty small so we were very eager to move into a bigger house in a better family neighborhood. We put a contract on our new house sometime towards the middle of April and closed in May.

This past year has been a blur with my pregnancy complications, premature baby and doing all of that while we are still newlyweds. We got married 2/9/08.

• This time last year I was still working fulltime with my little one pretty new to daycare and also planning her baptism. Time flies! That all feels like yesterday!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • This time last year I had just told my students that I was pregnant.  It was so cute to see how excited a bunch of high schoolers were finding out their teacher is pregnant.  The morning sickness was just starting to subside and I was starting to feel like a normal person again. 

imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I was 5 weeks pregnant!  I had found out exactly a week before and I was dealing wtih some really awful nausea and had my first bout of morning sickness- even thought it was at night!  i made myself a fried egg and threw it all up.  I still can't eat them because of that night!!  I was also in the middle of taking finals and trying to graduate and doing that all with m/s was not comfortable at all.
  • This time last year I was like 8 weeks pregnant and vomiting like crazy. I was living off of popsicles and soda crackers. In the beginning of April, I was hospitalized for dehydration. I was having a terrible time and worrying that the baby would be affected by all of this.
  • I was 25 weeks pregnant and was already 2 weeks into my strict bedrest!!! I was busy planning my baby shower (it helped the time pass by faster!) and remember praying every night that I wouldn't have any more episodes of bleeding and that he would't be born prematurely...We made it to 35 +6 weeks!!!! 
    ~~Givette~~ Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I was 10 weeks pregnant and was in the ER because I fainted at the taping of the Ellen show at Universal lol. I'm still mad I missed the show to this day :P
  • We had just found out that I was pregnant again, just days after planning our birthday trip to Key West.....I had a miserable time for that vacation : (
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • planning Aa's first bday party at Carrabbas :) yum!

but 2 years ago I was still working with my belly and testing my blood sugars...and wondering what labor would be like :)

• I was cluelessly pregnant!!! LOL, but found out on April 21st.
  • I was about 4 weeks pregnant and scared to death.....I was sleeping amazingly.  My, how things change!

Photo courtesy of www.yaporiginals.com
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    It's Beshert
  • At this time last year I was skiing in Vail. I would be conceiving pumpkin in about 3 weeks, ;)

-j

• This time last year I was ziplining through the Costa Rican rain forest celebrating my hubby's 30th b-day where we conceived a little one that we lost 2 months later.

This year for his birthday we are anixously awaiting our peanut; what better way to celebrate!

• This time last year- I was about 7-8 weeks pregnant. I was eating like a pig because I would feel naseous if my tummy wasn't full (I seriously gained 15pounds my first tri). I was looking forward to my next dr's appt so that I'd be able to hear the heartbeat. I was scared something was going to go wrong with my pregnancy and was super paranoid. I still couldn't believe I was pregnant and I SOOO couldn't wait to have a big pregnant belly so I could look cute! ;-)
  • I was getting excited and helping plan my baby shower/birthday party.  Oh! and according to the people at work, craving freshly bakes cookies, because I would bring in cookie dough and bake it in our toaster oven.  Everyone loved me while I was pregnant cause of all the goodies I always had =)
  • this time last year I was back at work but getting ready to have sinus surgery to remove the mass in there. also totally NOT ready for baby #2 little did I know Julian had different plans, I got pg in June lol Now I can't imagine my life without him
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"