1st Trimester

Measuring two days behind, anyone else?

I had an ultrasound today and was supposed to be 9w2d but instead I measured 9weeks.  Has this happened to anyone else?  The doctor said he wasn't concerned but I had an ultrasound two weeks ago and measured right on track so the fact that two weeks later I measured 2 days behind concerns me. 

Re: Measuring two days behind, anyone else?

• Babies grow at all different rates.   If your OB isn't worried, try to relax!
  • Behind by two days? I wouldn't think its that big of a deal, and especially since the doc thought it wasn't a concern.
  • Loading the player...
  • The key words in your post: "The doctor said he wasn't concerned." A couple of days behind or ahead is no big deal and totally normal.
  • I've been measuring 4 days behind, no big deal.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • lizallizal member
    I know I need to just relax if the doctor says it's ok but being my first pregnancy everything worries me.  I appreciate your responses.  I feel more reasurrance when I read other womens experiences and points of view.
  • This is really pretty common. Babies grow at different rates. The baby could end up having a growth spurt and you could be measuring ahead next time. 2 days really isn't a big deal, and I wouldn't worry a bit.
    Annelise 3.22.2007 Norah 10.24.2009 Amelia 8.7.2011
  • Another thing to think about is the fact the U/S tech is clicking on something on the screen to do the measuring. That .0001 of an inch they may be off on their mouse clicking can be enough to through things off.

I am measuring a couple days different, but the tech said it could be +/- a day or two.

You will measure differently numerous times throughout your pregnancy. Don't worry!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    September 2015 Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance
  • its going to be like this  you will sometimes measure behind and even sometimes ahead, nothing to worry about.

• i measured behind half a week, which i think is no big deal because i think i ovulated later then exaclty 14 days after my last period, which is how they judge a pregnancy. i wouldnt worry one second.
  • lizallizal member
    Thank you!
  • When we had our ultrasound a couple weeks ago, our little one was measuring 2 days ahead, but I've heard it's common to go from measuring ahead to measuring a little behind, and so on, throughout the course of a pregnancy.
  • I just had my first U/S on Monday. I measured 3 days behind but they said they would leave my due date the same...No biggie.
  • imageMrsCarroll.6-10-07:

Another thing to think about is the fact the U/S tech is clicking on something on the screen to do the measuring. That .0001 of an inch they may be off on their mouse clicking can be enough to through things off.

I am measuring a couple days different, but the tech said it could be +/- a day or two.

You will measure differently numerous times throughout your pregnancy. Don't worry!!

definitely take human error into consideration. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"