Georgia Babies
Options

Movement milestones- at home or daycare?

I just this second realized that Cadence rolled over, crawled and walked for the first time AT HOME.

Other working Moms, what has your experience been?..got me wondering if my kiddo/most kiddos feel more comfortable doing things for the first time with their parents there??

Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
DS-6
c/p- April 2016
missed m/c- 6w5d; discovered 8w2d- September 2016

Re: Movement milestones- at home or daycare?

• Options
    Ethan and Jack both rolled for the first time at daycare, and Ethan crawled for the first time at daycare, too.  As for walking, he did that at a BRU for the first time, and dh and I were there.  I'm hoping that Jack waits until he's home, or at least with us, to crawl/walk.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My assumption is that it was all done at home.  BUT, my daycare has a policy that they don't tell you if they did it first at school, b/c some parents get upset.  They will tell you that they are really close to doing something, but will always let you be the one to experience it "first"  even if it isn't.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Kerrin- that is an interesting policy..I wonder if our daycare and previous daycare had this policy and I just didn't know it..haha!
    Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016

• Options

I remember telling Ethan's old daycare that he rolled for the first time the day prior and they told me that he'd been rolling for about a week at the daycare.  When he started crawling, the daycare told me that he crawled just a little bit that day and to be on the lookout for more crawling.

As for Jack, the same thing pretty much happened.  He rolled for the first time at two weeks, but I could tell it was just a fluke.  He has consistantly rolling for a couple weeks now.  When I mentioned it to the daycare the next day, they said that they had noticed that he's been rolling over in his crib. 

Kerrin is right.  Besides crawling, I was never told they were rolling.  It was just when I mentioned it to them is when I was told they'd been rolling at daycare.

• Options
    Yeah, I think our daycare does the same as the pp.  Not that its a policy, just that they wait until the parents mention it and then they might say "oh, he's been really close" or "we thought it would happen soon."  Although since our daycare is actually in my office building, they have also been known to call me at my desk and tell me "he's about to ________."  I love them for that!

• Options
    I really had no idea daycares did this! However, this is one time I am kind of glad I am naiive :)
    Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016

• Options

imageKerrin:
    My assumption is that it was all done at home.  BUT, my daycare has a policy that they don't tell you if they did it first at school, b/c some parents get upset.  They will tell you that they are really close to doing something, but will always let you be the one to experience it "first"  even if it isn't.

I completely agree with this.  I don't think childcare providers see the first anything - even if it really was their first time doing something.  They should let the parents experience that. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lily  pie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"