Infertility

Sex and the big 'O' during 2ww?

Just curious about this- silly question. ?Is it okay to have "relations" during the 2ww or is there a risk around the implantation window? ?I have no idea and didn't think to ask my doctor, nor was I given any info. ?Could the big O interrupt implantation? ?

7/2009 - Gonal-F cycle #2 with Ovidrel trigger and IUI #5 - BFP! Twin boys born at 38 weeks 3 days! 8 months later...spontaneous BFP! And twins again! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sex and the big 'O' during 2ww?

• I don't have an answer, but I thought I'd add to your question if that's alright Smile

Are there certain things TO DO and NOT TO DO during that 2ww?  I'm hoping to have my first 2ww starting Saturday, and I'm just wondering if there are any specifics.  TIA

• I wasn't told to avoid anything, except ibuprofen. ?

My RE suggests limiting caffeine to 12oz. a day (at all times), so I just cut out caffeine altogether. ?And alcohol.

7/2009 - Gonal-F cycle #2 with Ovidrel trigger and IUI #5 - BFP! Twin boys born at 38 weeks 3 days! 8 months later...spontaneous BFP! And twins again! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I feel so unqualified to give this advice, but here goes.  I think that it is fine to have sex, however awesomely orgasmic it is, during the 2ww.  I really don't think it would affect implantation versus not.

Here is the part where I am even less qualified, but I'll tell you what my doctor told me.  She said that the 2ww is like this grace period to do the things that you wouldn't want to do while you are pregnant.  Supposedly you can drink and take medications that you normally couldn't and do some other random things that will not harm the baby.  That is what she told me.  Whether or not you want to believe this is your choice because I am actually still hesitant to do many of those things.  I am downright neurotic about it.  I get nervous doing crunches because I am afraid of squashing the egg or something, but I'm a nut-LOL!  Good luck! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagejlcrane78:

I feel so unqualified to give this advice, but here goes.  I think that it is fine to have sex, however awesomely orgasmic it is, during the 2ww.  I really don't think it would affect implantation versus not.

Here is the part where I am even less qualified, but I'll tell you what my doctor told me.  She said that the 2ww is like this grace period to do the things that you wouldn't want to do while you are pregnant.  Supposedly you can drink and take medications that you normally couldn't and do some other random things that will not harm the baby.  That is what she told me.  Whether or not you want to believe this is your choice because I am actually still hesitant to do many of those things.  I am downright neurotic about it.  I get nervous doing crunches because I am afraid of squashing the egg or something, but I'm a nut-LOL!  Good luck! 

Ditto, I have to totally agree with this statement. You don't share anything with the baby until 6wks, so you should be fine to do just about anything! Although, I will be the first to admit that after ttc for nearly 3yrs now, I don't drink caffeine,  don't drink alcohol, and don't take any meds at all, other than PNV's. But don't worry about the big O during 2ww, you will be fine, it won't affect implantation!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Both clinics I've cycled at have said no sex during the 2ww.
  • I think it depends; for instance, right now we are waiting to TTC again until after my Lap, so we're good to go for sex during the 2ww. However, I've read that you shouldn't if you've had IVF or sometimes even an IUI. If you are just on medicated cycles or non medicated cycles have all the sex you want; if sex prevented a successful pregnancy we wouldn't have as many oops pregnancies as we do!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"