2nd Trimester

Hypnobirthing... Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

... I'm thinking about it- seriously. I have already proclaimed my preference for the natural birth.  I won't be able to do it at home, like my mom did with my youngest brother, but I'm hoping that the ability to pull it off runs in the family...

I'm very hypnotizable, anyway- once on a cruise, once at my HS senior party. I'm either malleable, or just lazy.

Anyone else interested in this?

Re: Hypnobirthing... Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

• yes! ?I am doing the Hypnobabies home course. ?I just received it today and started my first lesson. ? I prefer a natural birth, but I am also doing it because I tend to be high stress and I am hoping it relaxes me and gives me confidence throughout the pregnancy.
    image Liam Henry: 9/5/09 Emmeline Claire: 5/23/11
  • Oooh! Hypnobabies... I'm lookin' at it.

Also! (not to sound stalkerish), but I notice you're in Glendale! I'll be pushin' out the babe in Burbank. Smile  I'll wave to ya in the midst of my hypnotic state... lol!

• Loading the player...
  • Are you having your baby at St Joes? ?If so, I am too!
  • I totally am!! LOL... We'll keep "in touch" up on here- I'd love to hear how it goes for you. I'm gonna bust in half if you have Dr. Sophia, too...

The website it great!! I'm totally getting the course.  Thanks for the tip! And PS- congrats on the little boy! How early could you tell what the little one was??

• As a nursing student, the first vaginal delivery I attended was a woman who came in in labor, first baby, and doing hyponobreathing.  By the time she changed out of her clothes and they examined her (5 mins) she was fully dilated and contracting every 2 minutes.  It was amazing...she would put herself in a trance-like state where she tuned everything else out and just focused on whatever they had taught her.  She also had a small radio playing soft music.  She delivered the baby in about a half hour which was amazing so I can firmly attest that I have seen it work! 

Good luck to all of you ladies thinking about going this direction.

• imageKipper614:

As a nursing student, the first vaginal delivery I attended was a woman who came in in labor, first baby, and doing hyponobreathing.  By the time she changed out of her clothes and they examined her (5 mins) she was fully dilated and contracting every 2 minutes.  It was amazing...she would put herself in a trance-like state where she tuned everything else out and just focused on whatever they had taught her.  She also had a small radio playing soft music.  She delivered the baby in about a half hour which was amazing so I can firmly attest that I have seen it work! 

Good luck to all of you ladies thinking about going this direction.

Cool!! Thanks for the affirmation! I just started doing the research, and I'm thinking more and more that this is the right thing for me. I'm a bit of a spaz unless I'm yogafying or meditating... appreciate your experience!

• WAHAHAHAH ?I DO have Dr. Sofya! ?I seriously think everyone has her! ?I never thought I would go to a doctor who goes by her first name, like a TV love therapist.

We went to a 4D u/s place in Glendale at 14w4d and were told boy, but now I am thinking it may have been the umbilical cord. ?I have my Big u/s next Tuesday, so I will (hopefully) definitely know then!

Hilarious!?

• Another LA lady here! I am also looking into hypnobabies. I just ordered a hypnobirthing book and if I like the concept then I am going to order the hypnobabies home study course (I know they are different). I like to have options. I'd love to hear what you think of the course after you've had it a few weeks.
  • I will keep you updated! ?There are a couple Hypnobabies birthing stories on the "Birth Story" board (I think on page 2). ?I also just joined a Hypnobabies Yahoo group. ?It is for anyone considering hypnosis for birth.

?https://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Hypnobabies/?

• A lot of women are selling their Hypnobabies kits on ebay after the fact, it seems most just flip through the books and burn over the CDs to their ipods. I'll probably pick up my course information through there in the next few weeks here. I have a feeling the matras may help me keep calm during the summer - I HATE the heat. :(
    Socializing foster puppies since 2009
    image image
    Chart for TTC#2
  • image5dogs:
    A lot of women are selling their Hypnobabies kits on ebay after the fact, it seems most just flip through the books and burn over the CDs to their ipods. I'll probably pick up my course information through there in the next few weeks here. I have a feeling the matras may help me keep calm during the summer - I HATE the heat. :(

?

They must do the course and THEN sell it. ?The workbook it really important and quite long. ?I didn't see a huge price difference so I just bought it on Hypnobabies, since I would be sure to get everything. ?They also have 20% sales every so often. ?You can join their mailing list for updates.?

• imagejanice74:
    They must do the course and THEN sell it.  The workbook it really important and quite long.  I didn't see a huge price difference so I just bought it on Hypnobabies, since I would be sure to get everything.  They also have 20% sales every so often.  You can join their mailing list for updates. 

Yeah, already on the mailing list, I just have a few friends who bought their kits for less than 50% of what HB was originally selling it (and of course, everyone seems to get rid of their kits after the baby is born -- thanks guys!). I just thought I'd throw it out there for people who aren't comfortable making the full financial investment in the kit.

Socializing foster puppies since 2009
    image image
    Chart for TTC#2
  • I'm too lazy to go back and get a link right now, but if you see any of IselaCid's posts (you can look up her profile and find her recent posts), she has a link to her birth story in her siggy. She used Hypnobabies (I can't remember if she took an actual course or homestudy) and it worked out quite well for her.
  • "Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?"--totally made me LOL, at work, in a very quiet office. 
  • I saw those on ebay but they seemed to go for slightly less than the regular price. I will join the mailing list though- thanks for that tip!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"