Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

is your dc scared of ride-ons & swings too?

or is it just my dd?? if i sit dd on a ride-on or a swing she will start crying and wants me to get her off asap.

did/does your dc do this too? what age did they grow out of it?

i really want to get her the push buggy!

Re: is your dc scared of ride-ons & swings too?

• Options
    DS LOVES to be in the swing.  He giggles the whole time.  I bet your dd will grow out of it.  Good luck!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers m/c 01-07-10
  • Options
    DD has liked swings since about 8 months but she has just started to come around to ride on's, rocking horses, etc. at 15 months.  She thought her rocking horse was the debbil until maybe two weeks ago.  Now she rocks so wildly on him its sorta scary!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine is terrified of swings and we have yet to really try ride-ons. The park is useless to us right now, which sucks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    ds hates the swing too!!!  he screams, which is weird because he has no fear in anything else!!!!
  • Options

DS hates hates hates the swings at the park - though I can get him to like it for about 15 seconds if I crouch down in front of him. He's sort of skeptical of new things, and I think being up high and in a weird contraption help make it more stressful for him...

He loves to hang out on the poles that hold up the swing set, and the playground equipment. And if we go and there aren't any big kids around, he really loves climbing on the big kid's playground equipment. 

DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• Options
    Some day it will be warm enough here for swings.  I am looking forward to it.  He does love to be pushed around fast on his truck. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

My DS is terrified of swings.  Last summer and fall he looooved them, he would laugh and laugh when we pushed him.  When the weather finally got nice here, we tried the swing again figuring he would still love it - nope, just screamed.

He does love the playground slide, which I think must be much scarier!  Oh well, hopefully in time he will learn to love swinging again.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"