Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Weird or worried? (teeth question)

DS is almost 15 months. He got his first two teeth at about 7 months, both on the bottom in the middle. Then he got two more on top (in the middle also) at about 9 1/2 months and another two top ones a few weeks late, right on either side of the top middle ones.

Well, that was it until about the 14 month mark when he started getting top molars. They aren't fully in but this will mean he has 6 on top (2 of which are molars) and still only two on the bottom.

Should this be cause for concern? A friend seems to think so, but I figure he's fine until at least age two.

Thoughts?

Re: Weird or worried? (teeth question)

• Options
    From what I've heard around here, I'm pretty sure that teeth just come in randomly.  My DS has two bottom teeth (middle also) and his two upper canines.  Canines are usually the last teeth to come in--not in his case though!
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry.  I mean, you can ask your pedi, if it would ease your mind.  I think you have to take that whole tooth order thing with a grain of salt.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah, I think they just teeth randomly until age 2 and beyond. My DD is almost 13 months, has 3 on the bottom, 4 on the top and 2 top molars coming in.
    Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016
    missed m/c- 6w5d; discovered 8w2d- September 2016

• Options
    Then I should be really worried! ;)  DS only has four teeth total! :)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers m/c 01-07-10
  • Options
    DD just turned 1 and has 4 top middle teeth, 2 bottom middle teeth, and a top and a bottom molar coming in now.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagetrizzie:
    Then I should be really worried! ;)  DS only has four teeth total! :)

don't worry - dd is 13 months old and I'm just now seeing a glimmer of her first two teeth coming in

• Options
    E CE C member
    While there's a 'typical' order, there's a reason it's not THE order.  If you're concerned, ask your pedi.  But, I wouldn't be at all concerned about this one.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"