High-Risk Pregnancy

Low water with first pregnancy; does that mean low water for this one?

They discovered towards the end of my pregnancy at 36 weeks that I had very low water and so they took our DD out right away.  I am being watched with u/s every 4 weeks at least to watch the water. 

I am worried that it could happen again.  I hope that just because it happened last time does not mean it could happen this time.  I am a SAHM with a 2 year old and I don't know what I would do if I had to go onto bedrest.

I appreciate any insight- thanks!

Re: Low water with first pregnancy; does that mean low water for this one?

• I was diagnosed with low amniotic fluid around 17 wks.  I was monitored very closely with u/s and went on bed rest at 7 months.  I too had to deliver at 36 wks. 

This time around, the dr. says each pregnancy is different and not to worry.  I wish she would allow me to have u/s every four weeks just for peace of mind.  I have a 3 yr old and a 20 mo. old and I stay at home.  I can't imagine trying to make bedrest work with this pregnancy!

• I don't know if it is a given, but it happened to me.  I had low fluid with my son and have it again this time around.  Luckily, they haven't put me on bedrest yet (I was for three weeks with my son).
  • Loading the player...
  • I did not have low fluid with my son, but  I do with this one, so I don't know that it is something that will follow you.  Drink as much water as you possibly can now to get it up because once you get to about 32 weeks your body is less likely to make more.  I have been on bed rest for just over 2 weeks now for low fluid and I have a 3 year old son.  It is difficult, do what you can to prevent it now. Good luck!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • EANEAN member
    Thanks ladies!  So far, my water has been normal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"