Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Vacation & family planning? WWYD?

We were thinking about TTC #2 in June, nothing was set in stone, we had just been thinking that would be a good time to start. My mom called this morning to say she'd like our whole family to go on vacation at the end of Jan. or early Feb. for my dad's 60th b-day. They want to go to Southern California and will be footing the entire bill. (As a side note, DH has always wanted to go there and it's not likely we'd feel like we should spend that kind of money on a trip anytime soon). If I were to get pregnant in June there is no way we could go. Would you postpone TTC so that you could go on a family vacation?

Re: Vacation & family planning? WWYD?

• Options
    I probably would if I didn't have much trouble with #1 and if the clock wasn't ticking. One or two months wouldn't make a huge difference for an opportunity like that.
  • Options
    No. I wouldn't postpone TTC.  When do the tix need to be booked? If you conceive in June wouldn't you be about 6 months? You could travel then, right? We did our babymoon to CA when I was 6 mo along. So, maybe it's not an all or nothing kinda deal. IMHO, I would say yes and go ahead with the ttc plans. You could probably back out if you need to.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I should say that I don't mean we would wait to TTC till after that trip, I just mean we might wait till August or something. ???
  • Options

imageHappy2beMrsT:
    I should say that I don't mean we would wait to TTC till after that trip, I just mean we might wait till August or something. ???

I thought your first post was clear on that. I dunno, maybe I'm missing something, but I would still ttc when you originally wanted to b/c I think you could travel. But, if you would rather not be that far along then, sure, postpone. I guess I'm coming at it from an old lady perspective - I'm 34 and wanted to get crackin' on #2 asap.

• Options

I would probably still continue with TTC.  It may take more than the first try and like pp stated you would only be about 6 months along if you did.  But also like pp stated waiting one or two months wouldn't be horrible either.

If it were me, I would still TTC as originally planned.

• Options
    I could have written your post!! We've been planning on TTC starting in July and recently my parents announced a big family trip to Hawaii in March 2010. They will be paying for all of the accomodations and airfare for the grandkids! So, we would only have to pay for airfare for the two of us, and we have enough frequent flyer miles to cover it! IF we got pregnant the first month (July) I would be 36ish weeks along on the trip and if I got pregnant the second month, 32 weeks along. I think that 36 weeks is too far along for my comfort with a 5+ hour plane ride each way. We are trying to decide if it's worth waiting a couple of months. Right, now I think we will wait. I know the trip means a lot to my mom- she is turning 60 too! Long story short and to answer your question, YES I think I would postpone TTC for a few months for a family vacation.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

if i was going to be 6 months along on a trip and flying, then no, i wouldn't postpone.  ....esp. if you had an easy pregnancy the first time.  .....and esp. if it took you a while to get pg the first time.

if you get pg super fast w/baby #1 and/or were a totally miserable grump by 6 months then i'd postpone a bit.

i'd definately try to go on the trip!  sounds like it should be very possible!

we are TTC'ing in june and I CAN'T WAIT to pull the goalie!!!

• Options
    To me, it's a no-brainer. Why NOT postpone TTC, especially if you were really only considering it and nothing was "set in stone."  You'd probably enjoy yourself a lot more being less pregnant, etc.  I'd wait til August or Sept. to start if I were you.  But this is coming from the perspective of someone who is in no rush to TTC #2, which seems to be the minority on the bump!
  • Options

If you have normal cycles and no issues I would post-pone till Aug. I remember I got pregnant w/Harm in May and he was due in Feb.  You would be much further along than 6 mos if you do conceive in June, you would be 3rd tri. and that is too risky to go by that point.  If you wait until Aug you should be fine w/a May due date.

Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • Options
    Ditto Francisca. I got pregnant with DS on June 1st and he was due the end of February. So you will be at the end of your pregnancy and they may be risky. And yes, my other 2 were conceived in August, May is a great time to have a baby, I think any ways!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"