Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Moms of DDs, a haircut question

I think it's time for Dana's first haircut. The ends are so thin, they're starting to get tangly. I was hoping to wait longer for the sides and front of her hair to grow more, but it doesn't look like that will happen.

Did you pick out a "style" for DD's haircut? Or just tell them to make it shorter? My DD's hair is 900 different lengths and I'm afraid they'll cut bangs. Also, did you go to a kid's place or just where you get your hair cut?

I feel like I need a plan because I'm sure she'll be super clingy when we're there and I won't be speaking with a clear mind!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Moms of DDs, a haircut question

• Options
    I went to my salon (my old salon, we've moved since) and she just trimmed the back to even it out (basically right above the shoulders) and trimmed bangs (b/c I wanted it out of her eyes).  This last time, I took her to a local salon (I didn't have one yet, we had just moved here.. it was last sept, yeah she's due again) and we just trimmed the back.  she did some minor texturing /layering.. but not really a style. didn't pick out a pic or anything. just wanted it to look shaped up, not straggly (is that a word?).
  • Options

We went to a kids salon, which was great because they set her up in front of an elmo DVD and in an airplane barber chair and  she was super happy, I think she would have let them do anything.

We had them make bangs and even out the back.  The one important thing they pointed out to me is that you can't cut all of the hair that lays to the front as bangs, because then her bangs would start in the back of her head!  So, she's got a front layer of bangs and a longer bit that we brush to the side.  Her sides are still scraggly/uneven, but it's growing fast. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

For DD's first hair cut we went to a kids salon. Since it was her first, I wanted it to be at a cool kids place. ?I know I'm a dork. ?They had an airplane for her to sit in and the tv was on. ?She did really well. ?I was actually surprised. ?They just trimmed the bangs and the back a little. When we did her 2nd hair cut 2 wks ago at my DH salon, I had them just trim the bangs. Here are a few pics from her 1st haircut.

?image?

?image

• Options
    imagemrs.aaguilar:

For DD's first hair cut we went to a kids salon. Since it was her first, I wanted it to be at a cool kids place.  I know I'm a dork.  They had an airplane for her to sit in and the tv was on.  She did really well.  I was actually surprised.  They just trimmed the bangs and the back a little. When we did her 2nd hair cut 2 wks ago at my DH salon, I had them just trim the bangs. Here are a few pics from her 1st haircut.

God! She is a doll! And she's totally your mini-me!!! LOL!

• Options
    We went to a local SuperCuts and they did a great job! I was surprised! We got DDs hair trimmed Christmas week and although she cried the whole time, it turned out much better than I could've done! I bought haircutting scissors but I was afraid to use them until DD gets used to haircuts. Anyhow, they trimmed her hair nicely, maybe 1 inch off (she had dead ends since birth). I just wanted her hair to be healthier --> grow in thicker and prettier. We didn't do bangs and she looks like a cutiepie now.
  • Options
    I took her to a local salon (it was $15). I told the stylist that I didn't want bangs--I just wanted her to clean her up. It looked soooooo much better and was so soft and cute!!
  • Options
    I took DD to my salon at 9 months...and had my stylist cut it.  They have a little section for kids.  She sat in a train and I had her cut a little in the back and she gave her bangs.  I didn't like how she looked with bangs....so we haven't done them since.  She hasn't had a haircut since she was 9 months.  I don't know when I will bring myself to get it cut again (I always had short hair as a kid...per my mom..so I'm boycotting that for DD).
  • Options

Here was DD following her 1st haircut.  She just looks SO much better w/o bangs.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"