TTC After a Loss
Options

You cant spell Dilemma without Emma

So my mum bought DH and I tickets to come visit her in texas for xmas.  Two months ago- she likes to be prepared.  Well, I am starting a new job tomorrow, and she keeps telling me to make sure I ask them for the time off.  I also have a trip planned in july that I'll need to ask for time off for too.

My dilemma is she keeps asking about the trip, but Im hoping I'll need to cancel the trip due to being very pregnant.  So I dont think I'll even mention to the new boss taht I want xmas off- should I lie to my mum and tell her I asked them?  Id rather get the trip in july if I could only choose only one.  Not that I dont love my family, I do, but like I said, I'm hoping to be pg and dont wanna travel like that.  Thoughts?

***** TTCAL/Forever Buddy to Cour10e******
-m/c at 11w2d due to partial molar 2008 -m/c #2 2009
Beautiful daughter born February 2011
**Ultimate TTCALer 2009**

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: You cant spell Dilemma without Emma

• Options
    I don't really have advice, I just loved your title:) But honestly, I'd go with the trip you'd rather go with, and then deal with December trip later if it's even still an option...and I'm hoping with you it isn'tBig Smile Baby>vacation

• Options
    lol, thanks!  My DH tells me that all the time when I have a question.  I like it :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    damn, that's a hard one!  your mom sounds like mine, they mean well.  but it was a little assuming for her to buy your tix so far in advance.  does she know you guys are TTC?  where are you going in July?  maybe your mom could get her money back for the tix and wait until it gets closer to time and then buy them if it's still a good idea.  sounds like you have a lot on your plate- new job, baby (hopefully), trip in july...
  • Options

We are going to visit my BF who just moved to delware for law school.  My mum kinda knows, but doesnt really- if that makes any sense.  She bought the tickets with miles, which is why she got them so early.  Hopefully if I am pg she can just switch them and come visit me instead!

I just dont want to ask for time off, get it, then be like, oh by the way now I am pregnant and will be leaving for 12 weeks when I go into labor.

• Options
    You'll be severly pg by then so she needs to come see you!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"