Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

American Idol talk - no spoilers

Anyone else watching?

Adam Lambert really bugs me. I want Scott and Anoop gone already, but I don't get why Adam is so popular with the judges. I think he's waaayyy to showy, gimicky.  I think my faves are Danny Gokey, Lil Rounds, and dangit but I like Megan - she's different.

Re: American Idol talk - no spoilers

• Options

Yup, I just posted about Adam below.  Can't stand him either and think he's way overrated.

LOVE Matt, Danny, Kris, and Allison.

Lil has been struggling since the top 13... she used to be a very strong performer, but I just haven't seen as much from her in the past few weeks.

• Options
    I'm at the opposite end than you guys...Adam has me mesmerized for some reason. Me and my mom love him!  With Danny in at a close second. Favorite girl is Allison, even though her hair looked a bit scary today.  And I can't stand to hear Anoop sing for another week, what was he thinking singing Usher!!??  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm a closet megan fan, I'm so glad she's the vote for the worst person.

I have to cheer for Danny, he's a local (well he's from Milwaukee, an hour away). I feel bad for him, his wife died a few months before the auditions and his grandfather just died.

• Options

Adam is a friend of mine (a musical theatre guy), but I try to keep an open mind and remain unbiased.  That being said I think his technique is superb - seriously outstanding (in general) and he is head and tails above the other contestants in that aspect as well as in his stage experience and presence.  He is a "love him or hate him" type of guy.  I love him (though 2 weeks ago was a little too weird for me.)  This "love him or hate him" thing will not allow him to win the competition, however.

I really like Danny as well and think he will probably win it all.  I also like Allison (though tonight she was horrible) and Matt (tonight was also a bad night for him.)

• Options
    imageStageDva:

Adam is a friend of mine (a musical theatre guy), but I try to keep an open mind and remain unbiased.  That being said I think his technique is superb - seriously outstanding (in general) and he is head and tails above the other contestants in that aspect as well as in his stage experience and presence.  He is a "love him or hate him" type of guy.  I love him (though 2 weeks ago was a little too weird for me.)  This "love him or hate him" thing will not allow him to win the competition, however.

I really like Danny as well and think he will probably win it all.  I also like Allison (though tonight she was horrible) and Matt (tonight was also a bad night for him.)

Sorry! That must suck to hear people trash talk a friend. 

• Options
    We aren't watching tonight episode yet.  We DVR'ed it so we can skip commercials.  Anyway, I like Adam's singing but something about his look is just weird for me.  I can't put my finger on it but I would still vote for him to win, as of last week at least.
  • Options
    imagetigerlilllies:
    imageStageDva:

Sorry! That must suck to hear people trash talk a friend. 

Hey, I'm in show business - doesn't phase me a bit.  It can't!!

• Options
    I am tired of hearing that Megan is different. ?She isn't different she just sucks. ?She is gorgeous, but she should not still be in there. ?I didn't know she was the VFTW. ?Figures! ?I thought Kris was really great this week. ?I usually can't stand that song and he made me really like it. ?Adam certainly keeps things interesting. ?He is growing on me. ?DH can't wait until he finally sings Guns and Roses! ?(You know he loves Axl). ?I think he is so talented but so many of his performances sound like they were taken from Jesus Christ Superstar. ?(Not a bad thing, just a little odd). ?Anywhoo... at least this season is starting to get better. ?Agree that Scott has to go. ?Like his hair and look this week though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageStageDva:

Adam is a friend of mine (a musical theatre guy), but I try to keep an open mind and remain unbiased.? That being said I think his technique is superb - seriously outstanding (in general) and he is head and tails above the other contestants in that aspect as well as in his stage experience and presence.? He is a "love him or hate him" type of guy.? I love him (though 2 weeks ago was a little too weird for me.)? This "love him or hate him" thing?will not allow him to win the competition, however.

I really like Danny as well and think he will probably win it all.? I also like Allison (though tonight she was horrible) and Matt (tonight was also a bad night for him.)

?

You are right (obviously) in that his technique is great and he is definitely a seasoned veteran. In my limited experience, I can tell he really is a fantastic vocalist and is quite skilled as a performer. He's definitely entertaining and creative. However, count me in the "hate him" camp. He's just way too over the top and indulgent for my taste. I'm sure it works in another setting like musical theatre, but not for me here. It's just too weird. I have been trying to keep an open mind and hear what others love about him, but I just can't.

My mom, however, loves him. We've had many a conversation about him. LOL.?

I am loving Matt (although sadly not tonight) and Danny as well.?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am behind a little (watching Allison right now) I love Matt though. I'm disappointed you all said he did bad tonight. Boo!
  • Options
    I think Adam is extremely talented, but for the most part, he's not my style (I wouldn't see him in concert).  I looooove Danny!  I want him to win the whole thing.  There are so many talented singers this year!  I am not a fan of Megan though.  She's different, but her voice bugs me.  Yet, for some reason, I enjoy watching her.  I also don't like her dance moves.  I agree with Paula about wanting to see her do a ballad without the weird thing she does with her voice.
  • Options

DH and I have total diff opinions and love to watch AI and debate each other...but this season we are on the same page a lot...

Adam:  best singer technically, hate the screachy tone, but I could totally see my Emo jr. high kids listening to him.

Danny:  Doesn't have Adam's talent, but has a great voice all the same and an amazing personality....

As for the closet loves:  I love Meagan just because she is quirky and fun and he loves that little red headed 16 yr old who sounds like a chain smoker to me... :)

• Options
    Rubypercy, I agree with you!!! Megan is there on her looks. I was JUST THINKING last night that Adam would be great singing GNR!!! I hope he does. Fingers crossed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"