Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Anyone use Paragard?

My doc sent me a whole bunch of BC brochures, and Paragard is the only one that looks good to me. I used to be on the pill, but forgot a couple, hence why i had DS. And my cousin had a stroke due to the pill, so im scared to go back on it.

If you use paragard, what were your side effects, if any?

thanks!

TTC since 01/2011 ~ Our baby grew wings on 11/10/11 at 5w

Trying to Conceive Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone use Paragard?

• I spot. A lot. Other than that, it's great.
  • Have it.  Love it.  Only side effect is that it causes heavier bleeding during AF.  Basically, for 2 days, i have to use super tampons with a pad.  Nothing I can't live with when I think about never having to worry about an accidental pregnancy or hormones in my system.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I had some mild cramping the first few days.  My period has actually been shorter than pre-baby.  I have had a little spotting between periods but it's not consistant month to month.  Love it.

• Really heavy period as pp said.  Also have to use a super tampon and pad.  But, the pill gave me gallbladder disease and hate/don't trust condoms.
  • painful insertion

perfect 28 day cycles though!

• Had a little mild cramping after insertion, along with some heavy bleeding those first couple days. Haven't had my first PP period, though, so I can't comment on that. Would highly recommend it! Wish I'd known about it pre-baby!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"