Parenting after a Loss

*Skat*

Look, I think we are starting to get in a bit of a war here, and I don't want it to be that way. To be perfectly honest, I just think we disagree on some fundamental parenting issues. Of course we are all adults here, but you have just said some things lately that have really struck a nerve with me as being quite judgmental of the way I choose to parent. I have never made a judgment on the things you do, so I guess I do take it a bit personally. I'm a formula feeder, baby-einstein-allowing mom of a kid who gained a lot of weight early on, so many of your posts have hit me where I live, ya know? 

I saw your confession, and I see your point about how they are just studies. But it seems that you only post studies that support your own parenting style. Which is why it seems like they are not "just studies".

I seem to remember you getting quite up-in-arms about the "Case Against Breastfeeding" article and calling the author's research b.s. Why is her research bullshite when things supporting your opinions are so spot on?

I hate that this is getting personal b/c I think you are a sweetheart and I hate that we are getting like this. But I just shudder to think what you must think of me knowing how you feel about so many of the things I do. 

Re: *Skat*

• PS: I love you.

I just want you to know that. I hope we're still friends.

• Sorry for the delayed reply! I had to go pump. Feh. God I hate pumping.

Anyway...that's just it, Suzie. I *don't* think poorly of anything you do. I think you are an incredible mom, a beautiful and intelligent woman.  Please don't take this the wrong way, but, I don't think about how you parent, period(or anyone on this board!)  Heck, what the heck do I care what you feed your baby or if you watch TV. That's your decision to make! And really, even if I did,  do you care what I think?  I don't know, maybe its just me, but I never get too concerned about what people on an internet forum think of my parenting choices.  Or people IRL for that matter. I mean, you should hear the grief I got from friends and family when I decided to cirumcize Henry. Oy vey. But in the end, they all came to the bris, which I thought was nice. :-)  I mean, I could have taken offense  at your nanny comment, but honestly it doesn't bother me. Hey if people want to think I'm loaded because I have a nanny, let 'em. Little do they know that I am slowly draining my savings paying for her, but its actually cheaper for two babies than part-time daycare and if I didn't have help, I'd have stabbed Mr. Skat and myself ages ago, lol.

I just post all the studies that I happen to come across that I think other people may be interested in. I saw that one on obesity today and thought it was rather interesting. As it happens, I don't have really strong feelings about this particular article and study at all. I actually have posted links to studies on topics that don't support my parenting choices...the circumcision one is a case-in-point but you might have missed it when I posted that one at the time. :-D

As for the breastfeeding article, just to clarify, I only said that I thought the author had misrepresented the findings of the authors of  one of the study she quoted (Evenhouse and Reilly), and I even provided a link that supported my assertion.  (If I ever assert something and DON'T back it up, please call me on it! I hate that..its a personal pet peeve of mine). What I was up-in-arms about was the fact that the author seemed very bitter about not just breastfeeding, but parenting in general. But I'm pretty sure I was clear that that part was my personal opinion. :-D

I love you too. I think you are very intelligent and I really hope that we can continue to debate and discuss these topics without anyone feeling that it is a personal attack. I thought the article you posted about working moms was really important! These findings need to be talked about, even if in the end we each discount them as worthless.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"