Washington Babies
Options

Daytime/Nighttime confusion...

Ever since we spent almost a whole day running errands while Holden slept in the back seat of the car or in the moby he seems to have daytime/nighttime confusion. This has been going on for about a week and a half now and I dont know how to fix it...  

He doesnt cry at night at all, but I will wake up a few times and he is just awake, looking around the dark room.  Then during the day he wants to nap constantly! I have tried keeping him awake during the day but he will fall asleep anywhere doing anything so its not really working, and I have been keeping things really bright during the daytime and really dark and quiet at night time but that is also not working...  He still goes to bed at the same time, around 8, every night but by 11 he is wide awake again just hanging out in the pnp...

Help?

Re: Daytime/Nighttime confusion...

• Options

I think all babies go through this at some stage.  But you are lucky that he doesn't cry and is content to look around!  We found you just had to keep trying to wake them up during the day and keep them as active as you can at that age.  At 3 months, it seemed to start getting better but I'm not sure if that was from our efforts or just his normal circadian rhythm starting to kick in.

• Options

Yikes! I think just do your best to keep him up?

Connor's circadian rhythm is a little wonky.  I think it must only be 23 hours long.  He's been super-fussy in the evenings, sometimes as early as 4:30 even though that too early for bed and he's ready for the day at 5 am...

Today I tried to keep him up until 7:30.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

These are things that helped me with Baby J:

During the day -

• Dont let him sleep longer than 2 hours at a time
    • Make sure it is light, bright, loud.. etc
    • Play play play! Once they associate "fun" with day time it get's a lot easier!

At night -

• If your LO is not on a bedtime schedule, I would try to start. I started Baby J on one at 2 months and it helped so much!
    • No lights, no talking, no fun, no play.. etc

They usually will not last longer than 4-6 days with them being confused. Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"