TTC After a Loss

*-*-*Emma*-*-*

Congrats again! 

Are you excited? Nervous?  What are your new hours? 

Suzanne
Mama to Lewis Elijah-11/18/05
and Evangeline Mae - 12/06/07
and two angels 3/17/07 at 5w and 12/16/08 - 11w partial molar pregnancy with bonus chemo
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Best Kind to Have-blog

Re: *-*-*Emma*-*-*

• Hey Suz! 

I am very super excited!  A little nervous- a friend of mine just told me the doc I work for tends to go through assistants.  But- to be fair, alot of doctors in town hire people with no training, then get upset that they dont figure things out quick enough, and fire them.... So hopefully I'll be okay.  The doc seemed super nice, so I dont think he goes through assistants because he's an assshole. ::fingers crosssed::

My hours are pretty nice

monday- 10-5:30

Tuesday and thursday 8:30-5:30

Wednesday 8-5

And friday he doesn't see pateints, so I have the choice to go in and get a few hours doing maintence and stocking, ect.  It'll be nice to be able to get a few 3 day weekends in!  And then sleep in monday.

I am a little nervous because he is 'old school' and my last office was digital everything.  So there will be a learning curve to figuring out all his equipement- and the pano xray.  Thats the one that goes around your whole head (great for braces and wisdom teeth).  I have never worked with a non-digital, and I hear loading the film into can be difficult, and new assistants tend to ruin the film or load it backwards.... hopefully I dont do that.  :)

How are you doing?

***** TTCAL/Forever Buddy to Cour10e******
    -m/c at 11w2d due to partial molar 2008 -m/c #2 2009
    Beautiful daughter born February 2011
    **Ultimate TTCALer 2009**

• SuzPSuzP member

I bet it will be fine.  Hopefully, it's just a matter of hiring with no experience. 

The hours sound great.  I would love a shift like that, especially the Friday option. 

I'm sure there will be a bit of a learning curve, but I bet you'll do better once you're there than what you think right now. 

I start my new hours tomorrow, they got rid of our late nights due to the "budget cuts".  It's not my ideal schedule, but it will probably be nice in the mornings.  I'll work 830 to 6, Monday through Friday. 

Other than that, doing ok.  Just waiting for Thursday to get here.  DH is making me watch a Bruce Springsteen concert, so I am thinking about heading to bed early.  If for no other reason than not having to watch the concert.  LOL

Suzanne
    and two angels 3/17/07 at 5w and 12/16/08 - 11w partial molar pregnancy with bonus chemo
    Best Kind to Have-blog
  • Loading the player...
  • haha!  Who doesn't love springsteen?  I would pretend to be sleepy too.

What were your hours before?  I thought it was normal and then late on tuesdays- no?

• SuzPSuzP member

Lew is fanatical about Springsteen.  Me, not so much. He has tried to convert me but to no avail.  When he moved from Philadelphia to here, we drove straight through, 23 hours listening to nothing but Bruce Springsteen.  It was insane. 

The schedule was 8-5 with one rotating late night that was from 8-730p.  So it's a little better, but not by much. 

Suzanne
    Best Kind to Have-blog
  • Well, less hours means less money, but more time with the family, so it cant be all bad.

DH and I drove here to anchorage (6 hours) listening to 500 miles by the Procliamers.... over and over and over... and over.  Theres a good 2 hours where theres no radio signal, and we didnt pack any CDs because it was my moms car, and we didnt realize there wasn't an IPOD plug in.  She happened to have a CD with that song, and four others.  The other four were no good.  So over and over and over and over and over he walkedd 500 miles, just to be the man who walked 500 miles to fall down at your doo-oo-ooo-ooor.  Indifferent

We played the song at our wedding, lol!  And I think we know it by heart, becasue anytime we hear it now we crank it and start screaming the words.  Its awful.

• SuzPSuzP member

The hours will end up about the same.  We have what are called 19/30 days.  Basically we have to work 2.5 hours of o/t a week, and if we do this we get one extra day off a month for whatever.  But it has to be used that month.  So we get these in addition to our vacation days. Our late night, covered that in one shot, now we'll be working a half an hour extra a day.  Still no biggie though. 

That's too funny about the Proclaimers...I'm singing that in my head now.  That's a great story though. 

I saw your post about the airline tickets.  My thought would be to just mention it to your new boss, that the tickets have been bought already, but just mention that you are flexible if you need to be due to seniority or whatever.  Then go from there.  I don't suppose you'd want to mention to your mom that you are hoping to be pregnant by then would you?

Suzanne
    Best Kind to Have-blog
  • Good God no!  I tried to talk to her about trying again if the doc said we coudl try sooner.  Since I was there right before my appt with the OB.  She seemed very akward about talking about it, and didnt understand why I would want to try sooner.  I changed the subject real quick.  I love her, but the touchy feely sensitive stuff isn't her thing.  She was there when I found out about the m/c and the doc kept saying blighted ovum in ten different medical terms.  And my mum just kept asking "so, she was never pregnant" again and again.  She held my hand, I just dont think she understand the hurt that I went/am going through.  She got pregnant with her three kids all very quickly, and doesnt really understand the 'well at that point I might be this far along or oculd be pregnant' that kinda thing. 

Now my MIL I could totally tell her all this- her first pregnancy was a lost.  I think its truely one of those, if you havent been there you dont understand.

• waving hi!  did you see my long post on the molar check in?
  • SuzPSuzP member

LOL. That's kind of what I thought.  After my first loss between DS and DD, my mom tried to understand and then suddenly came out with the "I think I had a chemical pregnancy too."  Really awkward.  So I get where you are coming from. 

Most places will be cool if you tell them you already had plans.  I get what you are saying about not wanting to go though. 

Well, off to bed.  I survived the concert.  LOL

Good luck tomorrow! 

Suzanne
    Best Kind to Have-blog
  • Goodnight Suz!  I'll let youknow how my first day goes tomorrow!

Hello Brooke- I saw your long posts this morning.  How are you doing?  How is your bracket?

• I am down to 50% on my bracket.  L'ville and Pitt getting beat really hurt.

My supervisor is now over due.  She is having her "birth plan" appointment tomorrow.  They are going to do an u/s, then decide what to do.  I know I have said it a million times, but I am so ready for her to go on maternity leave.

You girls made me LOL about the music choices.  Too funny!  We like to back country camp.  We go through lots of oldies, but goodies types of CD's since usually we can't get a radio station.

The latest thing on my mind is...trying to figure out the TTC thing.  Life is sort of getting in the way.  So even though I may be cleared in April, I don't know what we will do.  DH's job is project by project right now.  We are trying to sell the house.  I am so high risk that I can't be moving, traveling after about 20 weeks.  I always said I didn't want a winter baby.  I loved being on maternity leave in the summer...it was like an extened vacation.  But, the real complication to a winter delivery is logistics.  If I have to be life flighted, it is a true concern and reality that DH might not be able to make it if he has to go via car.  But, then part of me says, I have tried to plan every pregnancy to the "T" and the plan really never worked out.  Maybe I just need to try to let it happen and that will be our miracle.

• Oh Brooke-

I am with you on the confused about when to start TTC.  I definatly wont need to be on bed rest, but at this new job I wont get maternity leave period.  So I would be out of a job.  So we are thinking about when we want to try, if we will try may 1st or not.  I've got everything ready if we decide to start, and if we dont I will be a little heart broken, but I think it'll be okay.  If you needed to be flown to colorado your husband couldnt fit on the plane/chopper?  Here they send you in a chopper to Anchorage (6hr drive in the summer)  But they let one person go with you.  Hopefully everything will work out, sometimes the unmade plans are the best plans.  Are you going to do an IUI or IVF?

I hope your supervisor decides to go into labor tonight, or they decide to enduce her tomorrow.  One less thing for you to worry about. :)

((BIG HUGS)) to you this week!  Is march madness over? Tomorrows April, I look forward to 'seeing' you more!  We've really missed you!

• Hugs to you too!  It's no fun to be told.."you need to wait,"  then life and logisitcs get in the way.  We were told that if I am transported fixed wing, that DH may be able to come with me.  If it is helicoptor, then he likely would not be able to come with me.  The decision is based on urgency, weather, etc.  It's the transports team decision on how they come in, not the hospital that I would be transfered from.  When we went through all of this with DD, we made the decsion then, that DH would drive.  Being 3 hrs from home with no tranportaion is a whole other issue.  Good luck tomorrow.  Can't wait to hear about your first day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"