2nd Trimester
Options

Sunny Side Up Babies

Both of my sons were on time, but came out sunny side up. Now I'm pregnant for a third time, and I'm dreading another labor like the last two.  Is there anything I can do  to make  sure he/she comes out the right way? 

The Dr. did try spinning the both of them, but it didn't work. Also, I have a new husband, so this child will hae a different father than my first two (they both had the same dad).  Think this has anything to do with it?

Thanks ladies!

Lisa

Re: Sunny Side Up Babies

• Options
    mmm, I would like some sunny side up eggs right about now.
  • Options

pretty sure the baby's genetics has NOTHING to do with how they come out.

Eggs do sound good though... with bacon and sourdough toast.  mmm

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    As far as I know, its the luck of the draw. Unfortunately, it seems you got unlucky twice. But I would hope this one will be different!
  • Options

imageMrsHowdy:

Did you really have to mention some sourdough toast? Mmmm. Now I want some breakfast food. Slathered in butter...my mouth is watering now. Thanks Howdy!

• Options
    imagekayla_lynn:

imageMrsHowdy:

Did you really have to mention some sourdough toast? Mmmm. Now I want some breakfast food. Slathered in butter...my mouth is watering now. Thanks Howdy!

youre welcome Wink that's just how I roll  hahaha

• Options
    I don't think that has anything to do with the father....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    When/if you feel the back pain from "sunny side up" turn to your left side so gravity can aid him/her in rotating.  When the pain is starting to be relieved (since he/she has stared to turn)- move to your hands and knees.  Let gravity be your friend.
    Married to the Love of My Life since September 14, 2002. 
    Me: 39 DH: 36
    BFP#1: 10/20/08,  EDD: 6/29/09
    PIH, bedrest for 4 wks, delivered at 39 weeks by induction and then c-section- Healthy baby boy on 6/24/09 :-)

BFP#2: 11/24/11, EDD: 8/4/12, Angel Baby- 2/19/12
    Enlarged bladder seen on U/S at 12 weeks (1/15/12), possibly LUTO or Prune Belly, Heartbeat at OB on 2/17/12,
    No heartbeat/movement at U/S on 2/20/12, (missed MC), D&E:2/22/12.  Miscarried our sweet angel boy @ 16 wks

TTCAL since June 2012, 
    Progesterone normal, FSH elevated & AMH on the low side--  "ovaries acting older"
    Clomid cycles: 50 mg in February, July, August, September, November 2013, June 2014--  BFNs!!  :-(
    August & September 2014: Clomid, HCG and IUI-- BFNs
    September 2014: FSH= 15.7 AMH= 0.25  UGH!!!  Old lady Ovaries!!!
    October & November 2014: Gonadatropin injections, HCG & IUI... BFNs!!

We have been blessed with a sweet little boy.  
    Hoping to be able to give him a sibling someday.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I ended up with a C due to DD being sunny side up.  My MW this time suggested that I spend a decent amount of time on my hands and knees to kind of encourage the bulk of the baby's weight forward, which helps with sunny side up and will increase the likelihood of a successful VBAC for me.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have heard that belly dancing will help with that though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageMrsHowdy:

pretty sure the baby's genetics has NOTHING to do with how they come out.

I didn't think so either...it was more of wishful thinking.

Thanks ladies!

Oh, and I just made hubby make me an omlet...Big Smile

• Options
    I was born sunny side up, I was 8lbs 13oz and my Mom is a little 5'0 tall woman.  I'm really really worried that my baby will be huge and sunny side up as well, but there is no evidence that it's genetic so I guess I'll just have to hope that it doesn't happen to me.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Please tell me this is mud!

Please tell me that no one really thinks like this!

Please wake me up when April Fools is over!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"