Success after IF

Week 23.5 Update

Hi All,

On behalf of a now sleeping Celine, just wanted to update you on life at 23+ but not quite 24 weeks. 

We saw the doctor on Monday to follow-up the shortening cervix problem of last week.  Unfortunately, at this visit we found that the cervix was 3 cm dilated, one baby was very low, and had moderately less amniotic fluid than s/he had the week before.  Celine was admitted that afternoon.

They did an amniocentesis that evening to rule out infection, and the results were suggestive, but not positive.  Still awaiting the results of a few more cultures, but the docs think infection is unlikely. 

So Celine will remain in hospital from now until the babies are born.  When that will be, we are not sure.  Could be any time between now and 12 weeks from now.  She's had 2 steroid shots, which will help the babies' lungs mature should they decide to come within the next week or so. 

But there's not much more that can be done except wait and pray.  We thank you all for your continued support, good thoughts, positive vibes, and prayers.

Take care,

Russ and Celine++

Re: Week 23.5 Update

• Oh my gosh, how scary. Thanks for the update, I hope those babies stay in there as long as possible.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks for the update - I'm sorry to hear that her cervix is opening and there's a concern about infection. Please let her know we are all thinking of her and hoping she can keep those little ones in as long as possible.
    *** It's funny because I'm fat ***
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the update. GL I hope the babies want to stay in where it's warm!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Savannah
    image.
    Callista
    Baby Trail Blog
    "Someday we will look at our babies and know it will be worth it. If it was easy, we would not have had our babies, the babies we were meant to have." From Amy052006
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Oh no! Lots of good thoughts and vibes coming your way. Thank you for the update.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • thanks for the update! hope those babies stay in there for a lot longer.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • How scary!  I am praying that they remain in for at least a few more weeks. 
    twin girls after 43 months of TTC.. Katherine Emily (5 lbs 12 oz 19 1/4 in) and Karly Elizabeth (5lbs 7 oz 19 in) imageLilypie!!My bio!! !!My Blog!! imageimage

• Oh, no! Feel free to come on over to the Preemie board if you have any questions.  We have lots of experience over there and everyone is very nice and supportive.
  • thank you so much for updating, russ.  i am SO sorry to hear that things have taken this turn :(  celine must be so scared and overwhelmed.  please give her our thoughts.  both of you, along with your precious little ones, are in my thoughts and prayers and i am hoping so hard for another few weeks with them snug inside...

sending you all tons of love... (and isn't today celine's birthday?  please give her a giant hug for me.)

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

Our successful cycle was IVF #2: Microdose Lupron Flare Protocol - 2 beautiful blasts transferred.

email me: gretchela@hotmail.com
  • I am so sorry that you are both going through this. Prayers are said for you every day. Give her hugs from us, and thank you so much for the update.
    IUI # 1 on 1/19, Beta 2/1 = BFN, Hysteroscopy on 2/15= 5 polyps removed, and cervix cleared, IUI #2 on 4/15 = BFP, Beta#1 on 4/30 @ 15 dpiui= 279, Beta #2 on 5/9 @24dpiui = 10,154, U/S on 8/5 = TWO GIRLS! Born 10/16 at 28 weeks. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Oh my -- how scary.  Thank you for updating.  Please let her know that we are thinking of her and the babies.  Good luck to you and your family!
    My Favorite Books image
    Books read in 2012: 58!
  • Thanks for the update. ?Prayers said for all of you! Hang in there!
    DX: PCOS * Success with IVF

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Celine and Russ...I am thinking and praying for you....things will go well, I know it...trust me I've been there too, the uncertainty sucks and the stress is super hard to deal with. Take each day at a time and celebrate small successes and remember to take care of yourself Russ..even though it's Celine who is pg, you too are stressed and need some ME time.

PLEASE keep us posted....as I type this my 21.5 rescue cerclage babies who stayed in until 30 weeks are letting DH and I know ALL about how much they love us...bedtime was 2 hours ago...NOT!

Lots of prayers being sent your way.

Jeni

• Thanks for the update. We are all thinking about you both and hoping those babies stay put for a while longer!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"