Babies on the Brain

Ouch - what would you have said?

Co-worker is pregnant after almost a year of trying (yay)

She wanted to wait to tell people until after her first ultrasound, but since she's been having morning sickness at work, people were starting to talk, so she figured she might as well tell the boss and supervisor at least.

One of them said to her "How far along are you?  Oh, 8 weeks.  Well, don't get too excited yet...."

How would you have responded?  And does anyone else think that's as rude as I do?
TTC #1 for one year with annovulation....
Clomid Cycle #1: 50mg = BFP
=Beautiful baby girl born May 23, 2009
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
TTC#2: BFP Cycle #1, no fertility meds!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Ouch - what would you have said?

• I would of been pissed!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Um, I probably would have given her the evil eye until she felt really uncomfortable and walked away.  How rude! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Are you asking how I would respond if a boss/supervisor said that to me? ?I would say "Today I excited because I am pregnant." ?Then I would muster up some ms and puke on his/her shoes.?

• Way out of line.  No one needs to be reminded of that especially during the 1st tri.  I probably would've just given her the stank eye though.
  • I probably would have throat punched them. How terrible for someone to say something like that!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • :(  someone said that to me too.  I just told them I was hoping for the best and that negative energy is bad for the baby.
  • Horribly rude.  My son's pedi said something similar to me at 8 weeks.  We have since switched pedis. 
    _____________________________________________________________________________

SAHM to 4 kiddos... K (5/05), N (4/09), C (11/10) and Baby A 1/13/14

• A coworker said that to me as well. I said I knew it was early but that I was hoping for the best. It's incredibly insensitive for someone to say that. They obviously weren't using their brain that moment.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How are there so many insensitive people in the world? Didn't their mothers teach them to have some common sense?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageTim'sWifey:

Are you asking how I would respond if a boss/supervisor said that to me?  I would say "Today I excited because I am pregnant."  Then I would muster up some ms and puke on his/her shoes. 

Yes, that's what I was asking.

Same coworker was sick the other day (NOT morning sickness...she has been fighting a horrible cold for about two weeks) and same supervisor told her to "suck it up and get used to it".

Maybe she hates pregnant people?

• What an asshat. WHO says that to a pregnant woman.

That is the most throatpunchworthy comment I've heard in a long time, possibly ever.

image Don't argue with idiots, they bring you down to their level then beat you with experience. - Mrs. G
  • Agreed, Jason's wife.

I probably would have said 'Why" and made them explain what they meant, because that would probably be uncomfortable and hopefully make them feel like a jerk.  If it didn't, I would probably have said something sarcastic like "Really?  I didn't REALIZE that anything could do wrong during pregnancy.  Thanks for the heads up".

It's like how my brother-in-law told me the other day that we shouldn't buy anything for the baby before it's born, "in case something happens"....thanks, I wasn't paranoid enough already....

• I would have gone on an emotional tirade, or would have walked out of the building to cool down.  Probably would have done the latter, then come back and asked why on earth they thought it would be a good idea.  Dear God, that person needs to be back handed up side the head.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"