Alabama Babies
Options

Tough night+sleep deprivation=Bad Mommy

As I posted below to Monica, I think Caroline has had a touch of the stomach bug for the past few days.  Last night though was really tough.  She was over-tired and not feeling well, so I finally gave up trying to get her to sleep in her crib at 1:00AM and put her in bed with me, where she slept just as poorly and woke up every hour. 

So, during our day today, we had contractors coming over to bid some work and I was trying to straighten up a bit.  Well, Bad Mommy alert....I know that she has a really hard time with loud sounds, but I was totally over-tired myself and decided that a few of the chairs need the cat hair vacuumed off of them, so I do that.....totally not thinking....and near hysteria ensued.  OMG, seriously, I could not get the child calmed down hardly at all.  So, for the rest of the day, I has a super-clingy baby that no longer played nicely on her own and dissolved into tears the minute I left the room. 

She's been sleeping now for quite a while!!  I hope she stays that way and wakes up her "happy, & I can play by myself gal".

Re: Tough night+sleep deprivation=Bad Mommy

• Options
    Aw! Poor Caroline!! I hope she feels better soon!!
    DD born 8/24/07
    TTC #2 since 4/09
    Unexplained Secondary IF
    4 failed rounds of clomid ~ 4 failed IUIs ~ 1 m/c
    2/3/11: IUI #5 - Femara/Follistim/Ovidrel/Crinone = BFP (2/14)!!!
    Beta #1 (12dpiui): 53 Beta #2 (14dpiui): 203 Beta #3 (20dpiui): 3932 Beta #4 (28dpiui): 60,775
    1st U/S (3/3): 2 sacs & yolks 2nd U/S (3/8) 2 heartbeats-TWINS!
    Baby A:6w6d HR 131 Baby B:6w4d HR 124
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    TWINS!! EDD 10/25/2011
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Poor C!  I hope she gets to feeling better soon!   You are not a bad mommy, sometimes we need to get things done, and we have to remind ourselves that our babies will not be permanently tramautized by these things! 

I had a taste of that this morning - Jenna is still not feeling well and only wanted to be held by ME - not daddy.  I was already running late and trying to get ready for work and she was not happy that I just had to put her down and let her be in hysterics for a bit...  Luckily, she won't ever remember this!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"