Trying to Get Pregnant

Travel VENT

So I'm on a week of whirlwind business travel, and right now it SUCKS. Here is the situation:

I am delayed in Wichita, flying through Chicago en route to Dayton. After a quick meeting in Dayton tomorrow, I am supposed to turn around and go to Toledo with coworkers.

Well, I am not going to make my Dayton connection tonight, so I have to stay over in Chicago.  At this point I will not make the meeting in Dayton, and will just barely meet up with my group to travel to Toledo. 

The kicker? United doesn't fly from Chicago to Toledo, so they won't put me straight through. GRRRRRR. I'm thinking about just renting a freaking car and driving from Chicago to Toledo tomorrow (about 4 hours). 

Planes, trains and automobiles, anyone?!? 

"For a long time there were only your footprints & laughter in our dreams & even from such small things, we knew we could not wait to love you forever." Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Travel VENT

• aww that sucks.  Where were you going in Dayton? that is where I live.
     Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I am so sorry and know the feeling. Me, I would rent the car.
  • Loading the player...
  • Boooo.  I would definitely just drive.  Chances are you'll get delayed going through Chicago anyway.  GL.  I drive home from Indiana, to CLE tomorrow.  (5.5 hours).
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageAngie&Junichi:
    aww that sucks.  Where were you going in Dayton? that is where I live.

I was going to a meeting at the Schuster Center, but it looks like I won't make Dayton at all now!

"For a long time there were only your footprints & laughter in our dreams & even from such small things, we knew we could not wait to love you forever." Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I travel for work too - that sucks! I would definitely rent a car and fly instead of taking a connecting flight. Unless, of course, you want the segments for preferred status!
    My Cooking Blog

Avery Corinne - Born 7/9/10 at 37w2d
  • imageTarheelsInNJ:

imageAngie&Junichi:

I was going to a meeting at the Schuster Center, but it looks like I won't make Dayton at all now!

That is too bad.  The Schuster Center is beautiful.

• After begging and pleading (again) I got them to put me on another airline's flight from Chicago to Toledo... so I'll miss my meeting in Dayton, but at least I save myself some of the hassle. UGH. Unless my flight to Toledo is delayed tomorrow Smile

Now, if we could only actually leave Wichita.....(no offense to any KS ladies out there!)

• imageTarheelsInNJ:

After begging and pleading (again) I got them to put me on another airline's flight from Chicago to Toledo... so I'll miss my meeting in Dayton, but at least I save myself some of the hassle. UGH. Unless my flight to Toledo is delayed tomorrow Smile

Now, if we could only actually leave Wichita.....(no offense to any KS ladies out there!)

Good Luck!

• imageAngie&Junichi:
    imageTarheelsInNJ:

imageAngie&Junichi:

That is too bad.  The Schuster Center is beautiful.

I agree!  I'm also from Dayton (well Tipp City), it's nice to see another person from this area on here:)

• Wow that sounds aggervating!!  And Chicago is not a fun place to be stuck tonight.  Cold and wet.  Yuck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"