Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Nurse put lollipop in DD's mouth.

She was giving her a finger prick today. Just as she was about to prick her finger, she stuck a lollipop in DD's mouth. I was pretty annoyed because we haven't given her anything like that yet but when DD didn't even notice she was getting stuck I got over it. She DID cry when I took it away from her though.
Samantha Isabelle Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Elle KateLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Nurse put lollipop in DD's mouth.

• I would be annoyed that she did it without asking first.

Was your dd crying from the shot or to get the lollipop back?

• Sucks she did that without asking, but sugar has analgesic properties, so...

Glad your DD didn't have problems with the finger prick.  We won't have that done till 12 months.  I'm not looking forward to it.

• Loading the player...
  • I am sure it works the same as sugar water which they give them when getting an IV or any other unpleasant procedure.  For some reason it calms them down and distracts them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'd be pissed too. Did the nurse say anything after she did that?

My DD had her finger pricked at her last appointment too.

• She totally didn't realize that anything was going on with her finger. She was enamored with the candy! It was amazing, I've never seen anything like it. She was hysterical when I took it away.
    Samantha Isabelle Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Elle KateLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I guess if it saved her from being hysterical during the finger prick it'd be totally worth it. I'd be a little annoyed that the nurse didn't ask but I guess it was a good distraction.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • This would annoy me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Why are they doing a finger prick? Is this a normal for their 9mon check up?
  • Penn State study: sugar administered shortly before shots eases pain. Joseph didn't even notice his MMR
  • I gave DD a lollipop in the car this morning to hush her up Zip it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"