Breastfeeding
Options

WWYD in this scenerio....

I just started back at work this week and am trying to get a schedule in the mornings. 
Last night DS slept for 8 hours.  He woke up at 5:15 to feed then went back down.  Usually he'd wake up 2 hours after that for another feed.  But, I have to leave the house with him at 6:45/7am.  He wouldn't be hungry at that point-- he eats every 2 hours in the morning.  I don't want to use more of my stash then I have to, so I nursed him at 6:45 anyway.  Is that what you would do?  What if tomorrow he doesn't wake up until 5:45am to nurse?  Guess I'd just have to tell the sitter he'll probably want to eat around 7:45am then and make sure she has enough milk?

Thanks for the help.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: WWYD in this scenerio....

• Options
    I think I'd do exactly what you did too.  I'm nervous about when I go back to work for that same reason.  Hope it's going well and good luck!  And PLEASE! tell me how you got your LO to sleep 8 hours!
  • Options
    That's what I'd do, because I always wanted to nurse him instead of have to use a bottle.  He always ate, no matter how long it'd been.  Now that he's older, I'd probably just send him to daycare, but it's easier now that he eats solid foods.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    in those cases, i would try to nurse DS before we leave, or as soon as i arrive at the destination, even if he is not really 'due' for a feeding. Most of the time he will at least have a 'snack'. That way i'm empty or at least can go a little longer before needing to pump, and he would have to take that much less in a bottle later...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"