Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Anyone have a clue what this might be?

About 3 weeks ago, DD had a pretty nasty rash on her arm, then that went away after a couple days & it's been swollen since. When she's in the bath it gets a little red again, and at swimming yesterday, it was kind of purple and splotchy. She hasn't been favoring it at all, and when we press, it doesn't phase her. We went to the doctor last week & she said she didn't know what it could be (which is fine, I'd rather her tell me that/the truth, than misdiagnose), told us to give it another 7-10 days, and if it's still swollen, she would call someone. We go back Thursday, and I'm going to have her do what she needs to do, but I was just wondering if anyone has experienced anything like it, or have the slightest clue what it could be?!

Re: Anyone have a clue what this might be?

• Options
    Is it just in the one place on the arm?  I had a friend growing up with a   chlorine and flouride allergy. She would get red or rashes when swimming or from the shower. Never bothered her or was itchy just red and blotchy. Good luck.
  • Options

imagePhillywife:
    Is it just in the one place on the arm?  I had a friend growing up with a   chlorine and flouride allergy. She would get red or rashes when swimming or from the shower. Never bothered her or was itchy just red and blotchy.
    Good luck.

It is only in one place. About 2 inches above the fold of her arm, and 2 inches below. We were thinking some kind of allergy, but it seems weird it would only be there, and also, the swelling never seems to go down, even when it's not red! Thanks for your help/input!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Does she need Parker to come and kiss it to make it better?!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"