Multiples
Options

Making progress? :)

The boys had a good night last night: They had their last bottle at 9, in bed by 9:45, asleep by 10, and even though I heard them stir a bit at 12 (RIGHT as I was trying to go to sleep! ;)) they didn't wake to eat till 4! That's their longest stretch yet! (They were then fussy off and on from 5 till 8 so DH--who has the second half of the night shift--wasn't able to go back to sleep after that 4:00 feeding, poor guy. Sad )

About a month ago they had started going till 2 or 3 a.m. before waking up, then in the past two weeks it's been more between 12:30 and 2 that they've been waking to eat ... I'm trying not to get too excited about just one night but I am hoping this is further progress toward sleeping through the night!

(And I know that meets the technical definition of STTN because they did sleep for about 6 hours ... but for me, if there are any feedings between midnight and 5 or 6 a.m.-which for me is all "night" ;) -- it's not really STTN yet, kwim?) I've read a lot of babies can go 8 hours by 12 weeks, which they are today, so hopefully they'll go by their actual instead of adjusted age for this. ;) (They are 10 weeks adjusted.)

fraternal twin boys born january 2009

Re: Making progress? :)

• Options

that's awesome! i'm with you on the "STTN" definition. mine would sleep for 8 hours at a stretch, but when it's from 8 pm - 4 am, and you have to feed three babies at that godawful hour, i'm sorry, i didn't consider that STTN.

STTN is when *i* can sleep through the night too. :P

How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • Options

YIPPEE for longer sleep!!!!!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagepea-kay:

STTN is when *i* can sleep through the night too. :P

lol. exactly!

• Options
    Isn't it great!  Both DC slept from 8:30 to 4:30 last night and it was FABULOUS!  It's like light at the end of a tunnel!
  • Options

imageCMW:
    Isn't it great!  Both DC slept from 8:30 to 4:30 last night and it was FABULOUS!  It's like light at the end of a tunnel!

That's awesome!
    And I should add, there have been times when ONE of the babies has slept 6 hours, but them both doing it at the same time was a first!

• Options
    That is great news!!  My two slept for about 6 - 6.5 hours each last night also.  This was the first time they both did it.  But in all fairness, my son had a very low grade fever so we gave him a little tylenol and that may have helped him.  I am praying that this is the start of a new trend for them & for your two also.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Aubrey & Anthony
  • Options
    Isn't it great?! This week mine have started slleping from 8:00/8:30 pm-6:30am. They are 11 weeks today. Before that, since 7 weeks, they were sleeping  from 9/10pm to 5:30 am. There is a light at the end of the tunnel!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"