Parenting
Options

megans30

Back in Feb. Michelle had a double ear infection & was put on Amox.  On day 8 she had what I first thought was a bug bite...after she got up from her afternoon nap she was burning up and was covered in this really weird rash that I have never seen before.  Made an appt. for first thing the next morning.

Pedi said it could be an allergic reaction but wasnt quite sure.  He wanted to see her the next day.  However later that night her fever got up to 103.8 and I couldnt get it down with motrin/tylenol combo and tepid bath....the on-call nurse told us to get her to the ER.

At the ER her fever got up to 105.2.  Her diagnosis was vasculitis...the cause is usually viral...basically the body goes haywire when fighting a virus or an atypical allergic reaction to amox.  There are many forms of vasculitis...Kawasaki's is one of them...Michelle had Eurythema Multiform form of vasculitis.  It was pure hell for 10 days.  6 days of high fevers...joint pain...pain at the rash site...and 9 day course of predisone.

There is no test to see if it was amox because its not your typical allergic reaction so to be on the safe side we are saying she allergic for now.

Josh-10/1/87, Brittany 3/9/91, Mandi 7/26/92, Michelle 9/11/06 image I'M GRAPE JELLY- ALWAYS AROUND & ALWAYS THE SAME If I leave here tomorrow, would you still remember me. For I must be traveling on now. Because there are too many places I've got to see. -Allen Collins & Ronnie VanZant My favorite verse!

Re: megans30

• Options
    also google Eurythema Multiform for pics of the rash
    Josh-10/1/87, Brittany 3/9/91, Mandi 7/26/92, Michelle 9/11/06 image I'M GRAPE JELLY- ALWAYS AROUND & ALWAYS THE SAME If I leave here tomorrow, would you still remember me. For I must be traveling on now. Because there are too many places I've got to see. -Allen Collins & Ronnie VanZant My favorite verse!
  • Options
    Thanks so much. I'm going to look that up. Kayson has had an ear infection on and off since the middle of Feb. and has been on some form of amox. on and off also. Over the weekend he broke out in a full body rash - red, blotchy, but no rash. The Pedi. thinks it is viral related, but it just looks so bad.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    it probably is just viral...if he develops a fever definitely call your pedi
  • Options
    That should read - no fever, not no rash.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"